Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Pt. 1

After waking up, and receiving multiple explanations from both Rosa, Leslie, and Edwin ( which also included a quite frankly terrifying display of his fangs) the group was able to explain to Miguel that: Yes, Supernatural beings existed and no, they didn’t have to kill him now that he knew and no, he wouldn't get a refund on the stuff he bought from Leslie, and right now, is when did they plan on leaving the apartment because he wanted to talk to Rosalind alone.   

Whatever he and the old woman said to each other, it must have went well and Miguel, Rosalind, and Heinrich slipped into a comfortable little routine. Miguel was a bit iffy on wearing the necklace but he decided that he would rather be able to see Heinrich all the time, than have to ask Rosalind if he was there or not. On the flip side, Rosalind told Heinrich in German that he had to be less obvious with his ogling since Miguel now could see  him. To which the ghost simply stammered and vanished into a puff of smoke back to Apartment 13. He wasn’t going to deal with that just yet.

-

Reginald Wallace still had a key to Apartment 13, and even though he wasn’t staying there, the werewolf decided that it was completely ok to just walk into the apartment any time it was convenient. “Honey, I’m home!” He called as he walked in and plopped down on the couch before putting his sneaker clad feet up on the coffee table.

Leslie walked out of the kitchen, apron on and wand in hand, eyes wide. “Excuse me but who do you think you are?” He asked as he shoved Reggie’s feet off the coffee table. “And were you raised in a barn? Why do you think you can just barge in here without knocking? You don’t even live here anymore."

Sighing, Reggie rubbed the back of his neck. “Damn, Les. You don’t have to sound so upset. I just came by to say hi. We’re friends remember?” He told him, giving him a meek smile with pearly white teeth. His sharp canines were hard to miss. If he didn’t have them, the dark skinned man would look dashing instead of scary. He would be a looker if it wasn’t for them, and the three long scars marring his face. Two from his temple to his jaw and one slashing diagonally across the first two from the side of his nose to his cheek. He never did tell Leslie how he got them and when Heinrich mentioned them once the werewolf completely shut down for an entire day..

“Anyway, I just came by ‘cause I needed your help. I got into a bit of a rough patch and I need to lay low for awhile.”

The warlock rose a dark eyebrow at his friend and crossed his arms. "Why? What kind of rough patch?" He asked, eyes narrowing. As much as he loved Reggie, the man had a tendency to be shifty and a bit of a trouble maker. The last thing Leslie needed was trouble. He had missed his friend but things had started to settle down after he left and he couldn’t say he didn’t mind the calm.

Reginald  sat up straighter on the couch and sighed and decided to do what he did whenever Leslie got like this--hit him with intense puppy dog eyes. “Les…”

The warlock didn’t budge. “I need to know why, Reginald.” He said with a fold of his arms.

Before the werewolf could respond, Edwin walked out of his bedroom, rubbing his eyes. Leslie's eyes widened. "What are you doing up? It's still bright outside." He exclaimed and with a wave of his hand used  his magic to pull the curtains over all the windows. He'd went and bought black curtains that blocked out the sunlight more than his old beige ones. The vampire wanted to black out the windows completely but Don The Elusive Landlord would gut them, and the warlock had to also remind him that some people actually enjoyed the light of day.

"I don't get tired, I sleep more out of habit than anything.  Besides, it's hard to sleep with Reggie stinking up the place.  I'm surprised his room didn't smell to high hell when I first came here."

Reggie smiled at him, all teeth. "That's cuz I barely used it.  I wasn’t here half the time and when I did I usually slept with Leslie. " He told him. It had his pros and cons for course. Leslie latched on him him like a octopus, but his mattress was a good three times softer than his and didn't have a draft.

The look that crossed Edwin's face made the werewolf toss his head back and snort. "Jesus Christ relax, man. Not like that. Not that you aren’t beautiful, Les. Any witch or wizard, nonbinary omnipresent being or whatever would be lucky to have you.” Leslie rolled his eyes but the werewolf  continued, this time toward Edwin. “Anyway, would you be down for letting me stay here a bit?" He asked, not giving Edwin his infamous puppy dog eyes.

“Sure. But just know that Leslie has a cat.” The vampire told him, heading to the kitchen. Leslie looked undignified and stomped his foot. "Alright fine, just act like I don’t matter. It’s not like I’m the one who keeps this place clean, or makes sure the lights stay on, or buys groceries, or..ugh. Whatever...shit.”

“I don’t mind, Edwin; just because dogs don’t like cats doesn’t mean that I‘m some wild one that’s going to go chasing it around the apartment,” Reggie called after him before turning to Leslie. “And thanks, Leslie. It really means a lot to me, you letting me stay again and all.” Before the warlock could even snark back, Reggie gave him a hug to which the warlock could only sigh and lean into. “Yeah, yeah.”

Still, he wanted to know why Reggie needed to stay there.

The answer would come sooner rather than later.

 Leslie was coming back from the store and spotted two people standing across the street from the apartment complex, watching him.

One was a really tall brown skinned man with locs that draped past his shoulders. His expression was calm and he looked friendly enough for a stalker. He even had the gall to wave when he noticed Leslie spotted him. His companion however was a petite girl about Leslie’s height, with skin like night and her hair a cloud of thick, fluffy curls about her head. She held a cigarette elegantly between her fingers and took a long drag. She reminded him of those girls who were beautiful but also looked as if they could eat you alive, spit you out, have you thanking them for it. She smacked the guy with the locs on the arm and growled something at him after lowly after he waved, then shook her head. Les thought that she reminded him a bit of Vera. She dropped her cigarette on the ground and snuffed it out with a shiny boot before walking away, her companion trailing behind her cheerfully but not before sparing Leslie - and the building - one last look.

Werewolves.

--

I know it's not much but I've been busy and I wanted to get something to you all. Let me know what you think of Reggie in the comment! I'm excited for what I have planned for him and the rest of the gang (D R A M A) but I'm still not used to writing him yet. 

Comment and show love. :)