Blood Drive

Edwin was hungry. It was strange.

Whenever he had felt that way before, food was always readily available to him in one form or another. There were always men and women willing to bear their necks to feed him and he rarely had to lift a finger. He never had to work for food back when he was with his coven. Of course, he wasn’t stupid enough not to know how the dynamics of feeding worked in the real world, anonymity being key, but he needed to find an acceptable place. One where he could easily pick off a random person to feed from and never speak to again.

“Leslie. I need to go out.” He said as he walked into the living room.

The man looked up at him over the pot he had brewing in the kitchenette. Edwin was certain he was not making soup if the rancid scent was anything to go by. “Ok? So go.” Leslie replied. The man was a vampire not an invalid. Plus the sun had long since gone down.

Edwin frowned. “I mean out, like to a club, or bar. Any place similar. I need to eat.

The room was silent for a moment. If his needs didn’t register with the man before, they sure did now. Leslie nodded slowly and put a lid on his pot.  He had forgotten that Edwin ate people. Well, their blood anyway. “I know a place. Just…give me a few minutes, yeah ?”

It didn’t take long for the warlock to get ready. He didn’t actually do much sans change into a nicer shirt that didn’t have questionable stains on it and tinker around his room a bit.

“Alright.” He began sizing Edwin up. “There’s a club across town that I can take you to. It’s not exactly the nicest place, hence why I’m taking you there. Just… don’t kill anyone ok. I don’t need that on my conscious.”

The brown haired vamp gave him a toothy grin, fangs and all. “I shall make no promises.”

Leslie flinched back. The sight of Edwin baring his teeth made his skin crawl. Wising up, however, his face twisted into a scowl. “Unless you want an entire clove of garlic shoved down your throat, you better.” He threatened before grabbing his jacket and walking out the door. Edwin smiled and followed him.

Heinrich watched them leave with a frown on his face. “Oh no. It’s alright. Don’t bother saying goodbye. Just pretend I’m not even here. I’ll get along on my own.” 

When the door closed shut and he heard the locks slide into place, he frowned at the deafening silence. Surely there was something he could do besides scare the annoying little runts in apartment eight or sit around and have another existential crisis. For the first time in awhile, he actually wanted to go outside and regretted that he couldn’t.

                There was no use dwelling on it. He’d managed to have some fun on his own.

                And if that meant traumatizing some neighbors then so be it.

                The club that Leslie had decided to take Edwin to was perhaps the shadiest one in the city. It was formerly what looked like a medium sized warehouse wedged between an old bar and a greasy spoon-esque restaurant that had closed for the night. Despite its seedy appearance, it was packed and the music flooded out the door every time someone entered. 

                Leslie himself had passed by it quite a few times but never gathered up the courage to go inside. Clubs were filled with loud music, drunk sweaty people, and he’d watched enough news specials about people getting murdered in the alleys behind them to know they were no placed he’d want to be. He put his car in park and glanced at Edwin. “Alright. Go do your business.”