Ruin|ChrisEvans

■■■

"You were crying!" Chris nudged my shoulder with his as he walked me to the hotel room after the premiere.

"Not even!" I threw my hands up.

"Yes you were." He smiled.

"Okay. Maybe my eyes teared up a bit." I admitted.

"Uncontrollable sobbing!" He continued.

"Watery eyes!" I pushed his shoulder slightly with my hand.

"Alright, alright." He laughed , "At least I know you care."

"Yes, for said character on screen. Not you." I joked.

"Ouch." He held his own chest with his hand in fake pain, "I fly my best friend out of our home town to be with me on this special day and this is the thanks I get?"

"It could have been a private jet." I continued.

"First class isn't enough for the great y/n?" He laughed.

"No. I only want the best." I smiled.

"It's right here." He said stopping in front of a door as I continued to walk.

I stopped and turned on my heels as he smiled to himself, sliding the keycard and opening the door.

"Ladies first." He motioned to the open door with his right hand.

I smiled up at him as I walked past him.

He plopped down on one of the two beds and took off his jacket as I took off my heels.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take off all this getup and change into my amazingly comfortable sweats." I took my clothes from my suitcase and walked to the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror after I closed the door, not even sure where to begin. The hair underneath all the hair spray or the makeup on my face, making it hard for even me to recognize myself.
I finally decided on a shower, slipping out of the insanely extravagant and expensive dress.

■■■

"What a change." I heard his voice as I came out of the bathroom. I looked up at him and saw him propped up against the headrest, tv remote in his hand, his tie, jacket, shoes off, and the first few buttons of his shirt unbuttoned.

"Yeah, that wasn't me at all." I looked down as I chuckled. He had this way of making me feel at times that I couldn't describe. Nervous? Self conscious?"

"Well you look great either way."

"Thanks." I said as I walked over to my own bed and started getting my bed ready, trying to shake the feeling. I swear sometimes it's like he did it on purpose. Like he got a kick out of making me feel shy.

I heard him moving around behind me making his way to the bathroom.

I took the remote from his bed and started flipping channels, I couldn't actually find anything good so I let it play in the background.

"Check it out." I heard the bathroom door open and he walked out in a regular t shirt, pajama pants, and his phone in his hand, "did you see the pictures already?"

"No I haven't." I matched his smile.

"Looks like we're making headlines already." He shook the bed as he threw himself beside me and handed me his phone.

"Chris Evans Engaged to Secret Girlfriend."

"Wow, Chris." I laughed as I scrolled down the page and skimmed the article. "We're getting married?" I joked as we sat shoulder to shoulder, "You could have at least told me that we were dating first." I laughed as I continued the article.

"Well I would have but I wasn't sure how you felt." Chris said.

I laughed and turned to look at him. My own smile left my face as I saw how serious he looked.

"And I didn't want to ruin anything..." he continued, "...did I just ruin it?"

"What do you mean?" I put the phone down on the bed, and gave him all my attention.

"I didn't want to say anything because I was scared you wouldn't feel the same way, but I figured that I had to say something. It's a risk I needed to take. He smiled.
"What do you say?"

"I didn't want to say anything either

"I didn't want to say anything either." I smiled, "I'm too much of a weenie, I'm glad you said something."

He didn't wait another second. He leaned forward kissing my lips, his large hand on the back of my head, holding me there as I kissed him back.

"I'm glad I said something too." He smiled against my lips.

I felt shy all over again and tilted my head down slightly, he kissed my forehead and pulled me closer, hugging my tightly.

"You don't know how badly I've been wanting to hold you close all this time." I heard the smile in his voice as I hugged him back. I looked up at him as he laid back on the pillows, I touched his face as I laid my head on his chest.

He smiled as he looked down at me, kissing my forehead over and over again making me giggle.