NewRecruit|SteveRogers

■■■

"First things first." Tony took his glasses from the collar of his shirt and put them on, "We're going to need a team."

"What do you have in mind?" Steve asked him.

■■■

I tied the sleeves of my green jumpsuit around my waist, leaving me in a white tank top as I heard two men behind me.
I looked over my shoulder, glanced at them, and went back to work on the fighter jet in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, not looking at either of the men.

"We need your help." I heard Tony's voice.

"Help?" I asked, dropping a wrench in my tool box and pulling the jet's panel shut, "that's a first." I turned my attention to the two men.

"I understand you'd be a great help to the team." Steve spoke to me, both men wearing sunglasses.

"I know we haven't exactly spoken in a while." Tony said a bit quieter.

"Doesn't matter. I'll be there." I nodded.

■■■

      Tony sent a car to pick me up later that afternoon. It slowed down and parked in front of the new Avengers facility. The car door was opened for me and I was greeted by a friendly pair of blue eyes.

"Y/n, im glad you could make it." Steve smiled at me as I stepped out of the car.

"Figured it was time." I smiled as he closed the car door.

"I don't think we've been properly introduced, I'm Steve Rogers." He held out his hand.

"Y/n." I smiled my small hand seemed to disappear in his large hand.

"Y/n." He echoed.

For a second I swear I got lost in those eyes of his.

"Shall we?" He chuckled, motioning inside and snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uh yes." I laughed in embarrassment and pulled my hand away from his.

■■■

"So... where is everybody?" I asked Steve who seemed to be the only other soul around.

"Recruiting." Steve has his hands in his pockets and was looking ahead.

"Who are we up against?" I asked.

"Think it's best to wait for the team." He glanced at me.

"Yes. I forgot everything is highly hush hush for the super secret spies." I smiled and continued matching his slow pace as he showed me around the facility.

"We're not spies." He chuckled.

"That's a shame. I would love to be a spy." I continued.

"For that, you'd have to blend in." He smiled.

"I can blend in." I said. "Why would I?"

"I'm just saying.. someone with your looks. It would be difficult." Steve rambled on.

"Either you're insulting me or you're hitting on me, Rogers." I smiled at him, stopping to face him as I crossed my arms.

He turned to face me as he let out a nervous chuckle he opened his mouth to speak but Tony walked in.

"Hey kid. I'm glad you could make it." Tony spoke loudly.

"Hey, dad." I looked at Tony.

"Dad?" I heard Steve repeat behind me as I walked over to Tony.

"Yes, Hey can I get a quick word with  her? We have a few things to straighten out before we get started." Tony put his arm around me and patted Steve's shoulder as we walked past him.

"I'll see you around." I called out to him. I couldn't help but laugh at the look on his face.

Short one today so sorry!