"Mac and I have never kissed and we never will. We're partners, friends if you like, but definitely not... like that." She tells me assuredly. From the expression on her face I know she's telling the truth. I glance towards Mac sitting across the mess hall with Adam and Victoria. See? Why can't Harry and I have a relationship like theirs? Just friends, no complications, no random fights or unexpected outbursts.

"Alright, then." I concede. Sarah shoots me a playful grin and i try not to reciprocate, but I can't help it. I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off my chest. I didn't realize how heavy the weight of keeping all of Harry and I's issues to myself was becoming. I didn't realize our issues were so complicated to begin with until now, if you could even call them issues.

The rest of the evening passes with pleasant conversation. I don't know why I don't talk to Sarah more often. It's a hell of a lot better than sitting and stewing by myself over Harry's weird behaviour.

"What are you going to do tonight?" Sarah asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you two sleep in the same bed, don't you?" She questions. I forgot about that. I groan and hang my head in my hands.

"Why did you have to remind me?" I cry and she laughs again.

"Why did you even start doing that in the first place? If today was the first day you've kissed, why have you been sleeping in the same bed?"

I definitely can't tell her about that. I don't want to worry her and tell her that there's a possible psycho in the compound who's trying to kill me. Or was trying. I've been safe so far with Harry in our bed. There's no reason to make Sarah upset when she doesn't need to be.

"I don't know. He just asked if we could one night and I agreed. It's better for... partner bonding." I make up a stupid excuse, trying to turn the question into a joke rather than a serious inquiry. Sarah laughs again, but I notice her look me up and down quickly.

"Do you think you'll be sleeping together again tonight?"

I pause and look down. I feel as though it will be too awkward to bear if we have to sleep in the bed together tonight. Then again, thinking about sleeping alone sends nerves shooting through my body.

"I have no idea." I answer honestly. Sarah nods.

"Well, if you need somewhere to sleep, you can always bunk next to me." She offers kindly and I grin.

"That's very reassuring, thank you." I chuckle and she joins me.

After nearly 2 hours pass, I head to the dorm. We haven't done much today, but I feel exhausted. When I get to the bed, i realize Harry still hasn't made an appearance. Where am I supposed to sleep if he's not here tonight? I'm not exactly eager at the prospect of getting drowned again.

I don't want to alarm the other recruits, so I climb into bed as usual. I wrap the covers around myself, concealing the knife that I hold tightly in my hand. I'll give Harry 20 minutes. If he doesn't show by then, I'll head back to the gym.

As I try to pretend to sleep, I don't miss the slight hint of irritation that begins to sneak it's way into my mind. Is Harry really so immature that he's not going to turn up to the dorm at all tonight? I know we kissed and it's weird and I have no idea why, but still- I didn't think he would leave me to sleep all by myself when he knows I might get taken.

My brows furrow further and further until my face is set into a permanent frown. His 20 minutes are almost up and I'm preparing to bring my things to the gym when I see a figure emerge from the entranceway to the dorm. It takes a few seconds to make them out, but eventually I realize it's Harry.