"To tell you?" I question cautiously. I definitely know where this is going.

"After combat training this morning you disappeared... into the shower stalls." She playfully urges. The expectation in her eyes is too strong to ignore. Will it make me feel better to talk about everything that's been happening with my sole confidant at base? I obviously can't talk to Harry about it. He hasn't even decided to show up for dinner tonight. If that's indicative of anything, it's that he definitely doesn't want anything to do with the situation.

"I guess I did." I continue to bat her questions away. When I look up from my mashed potatoes and meet her eyes again, I can't contain myself. Why should I have to deal with this confusing situation on my own? Maybe her input will help. Besides, out of her and Isla, Sarah was always the least prone to gossip.

"I'm assuming you heard... what happened?" I continue slowly, cringing as I let the words escape my mouth. As soon as I admit it to someone else I have to acknowledge that it actually happened, and I wasn't just having some weird nightmare.

"Heard? I was there! Mac told me he was in the other stall." She continues. I shrug. "Well... what happened? I thought you hated him."

"I do. Well, I did. I used to hate him when we first got here."

"Yeah, I remember well. What changed? He still seems as arrogant as ever." She observes. I stifle a laugh.

"You're not wrong about that. I don't know. I guess we've just gotten closer since we became partners. We train with each other every morning and it- I don't know." I stumble over my words as I try to keep my cheeks from heating in embarrassment.

"Well, what were you doing?" She asks. I look up to her in shock.

"We were just kissing!" I exclaim, trying to keep my voice low. We both chuckle and I feel like I'm in high school again. Never would I have thought I would be discussing a kiss between Harry and I with Sarah.

"Ok, I believe you. But... why?" She continues with her onslaught of questions. I can't blame her. I'm just as confused as she is.

"I don't know why. I honestly don't. I was just excited after the fight- we've been working on it for so long. I just- he just- he did it and then I- I don't know. It just happened." I try to put my feelings into words, absolutely failing. I never was one to talk about emotions or anything private, really. This is out of my comfort zone, but I'm surprised to find I feel a little relieved. Knowing that a world outside of Harry and I's partnership exists is very reassuring.

"So is it like a thing? Or something like that?"

"What?! God, no. Absolutely not." I cry, my eyes widening with shock once again. I hadn't even thought about the prospect of kissing Harry again. I try to ignore the way my stomach turns with butterflies and push the image out of my mind.

"Don't you remember what I told you in the beginning? He's hot, isn't he?" She giggles and I roll my eyes.

"I didn't think so at the time. I still don't now! It just happened, it was a one time thing and it was weird and it won't happen again." I try to defend myself. How could it ever happen again if Harry and I can't even look at each other right now? Surely he's not going to embarrass himself like that again. After talking so much shit about me to my face, he can't be happy with the fact that he hugged me, let alone kissed me.

"It's not going to happen again? Really?" Sarah asks skeptically. I try to issue her a reassuring nod, but it comes across a little forced.

"Well what about you and Mac, anyway? You're in the same position." I try to redirect the conversation towards another topic. I don't think I've had a discussion this lighthearted in months. It's kind of nice.