010. GRATEFUL

real life :

"Levi, don't eat that!" A seriously frustrated brunette exclaimed as he marched in the direction of the blond boy.

Levi and Mallory had only arrived half an hour ago, but the small apartment Elijah shared with Salem, was already a mess. Levi had thrown all the pillows of the couch around the living room and kitchen, and managed to draw on three different pieces of furniture in under twenty minutes, all while Mallory was quietly watching some cartoons on the TV.

"I mean it, Vi." Elijah warned as he was almost in reach of the young boy. Said boy had managed to get his hands on a small container of pills, that helped the brunette calm down and sleep better. Levi was way too young to take those and their father would murder him.

"You're not my dad!" The tiny blond shouted as he stood up from the chair he was sat upon, with a mischievous smirk displayed on his face.

Elijah had a hard time keeping a straight face at that comment. Not only had he said the exact same thing to Tom a few days prior, but the brunette was definitely rubbing off on his younger brother and he couldn't help but feel a little proud.

"I'm not, but I am the adult here!" He replied sternly, feeling strange that those words left his mouth. He always hated it when either his mother or father said that, because they were often the childish ones in the household, which annoyed the then young boy to death.

The brunette wanted to add something, but was cut off before he could even open his mouth by Mallory, from the other side of the room, "You're not even old enough to drink. Also, mommy said that I was in charge of the both of you."

She let out these words without even looking around, still staring at the screen in front of her. Mallory had always been pretty smart for her age. She isn't the most talkative of kids, but makes up for it with her witty remarks, that often add a lot to the situations they were in.

Elijah let out a scoff, "Well I don't care that Ava said that. This is my house. My house, my rules. That's why I'm now telling Levi that he needs to put down the pills and sit down."

"Why?"

"Because I said so." The brunette replied, again baffled by his parental phrases.

"That's bullshit." Levi stated, looking him dead in the eye, challenging his older brother.

"Alright, buddy. That's enough grown up talk for you." Elijah sighed playfully, not caring at all that an eight year old just cursed in front of him.

He walked over to the boy and picked him up by his ankle, raising him off the ground, while said blond shouted in protest and laughter. Elijah wasn't the strongest of people, but luckily Levi had also inherited their father's build, so the young boy wasn't heavy at all.

The brunette threw Levi onto the couch, with just enough care that he wouldn't hurt himself. The blond now laid sprawled out on the large couch and was giggling like a maniac.

Elijah then proceeded to sit himself in the middle of the two young children and let down a loud sigh as he plopped down with a heavy sigh.

Another giggle was heard from his left and he turned his head in the direction of Mallory, "You sound like daddy."

The brunette leaned forward and picked up the remote of the television before he replied, "Is that supposed to be an insult or a compliment?"

"Both."

"That's fair." He sighed in fake sadness, but quickly let go of that tone, "Now, what are we going to watch?"

"Spider-Man!" Levi screamed from his right, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Yeah, that's alright."

Elijah nodded happily in confirmation, proud of his siblings' decision, "Spider-Man it is."

The older brunette turned on the film and put down the remote again. In the first few minutes of the film, Mallory leaned against her brother's arm and chest, something that she always unconsciously seemed to do whenever they sat next to each other while watching TV or a film.

Elijah couldn't hold in the urge to let a small smile spread across his face as he could feel the young blonde's calm and rhythmic breathing vibrate through his arm and chest. He was truly grateful for his family. It may have started out pretty shitty, but this was everything he could ever want and he only wished that they would know that.

╭₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪╮

[ 19 - 5 - 19 ]

I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING- I HAVE NO EXCUSE BESIDES BEING A LAZY WHORE, I'M SORRY

Alsoo- I'm so in love with both levi and mallory- they are so wholesome. for the next part; do you guys want another part that includes them or leave them out?