Dr Carlisle fine fingers flourished into the stagnant infirmary air like birds, then settled as she listened to the answer like she had all the time in the world and nothing could interest her more than what I had to say. I figured she was younger than expected. Her hands were beautiful, precise, elegant as she waved them about to emphasise her point.

"That makes them sound like vampires," I chuckled nervously focusing on the conversation at hand.

She gave me a deadpan look. "Where do you think that ideology came from?"

My jaw dropped as I fought the numbness in my body so I could sit up. "No way."

"Mhm." Dr. Caslie seemed to notice my struggle as she reached for a small remote that raised the bed allowing me to sit up. I smiled in thanks. "Yes. Some humans had accidently stumbled across one of these rituals and spread rumors of blood sucking demons that later became the legend of vampires."

"Woah..." I said, still trying to comprehend everything she was telling me.

The doctor smiled sweetly as she laughed. "Cool I know. Anyway eventually some other Omegas got greedy and tried to take more and more blood until it became like an addiction they constantly needed a fix and not just once a month. On the other hand, some Betas and Alphas weren't happy with this Mutante and thought that it affected the balance, the fact that Omegas weren't supposed to shift so they started hunting them down and killing them off one by one before burning their bodies so the leftover blood couldn't be harvested."

My nose scrunched up in disgust. "That's a vile thing to do."

"It is but the Alphas deemed it necessary to keep peace and stop a rebellion. The reigning Queen at the time, Eiza Barclow, who was the first and only Omega Queen tried to fight this and put out many laws before finally giving in and made it illegal. Anyone caught taking the Mutante or selling it would be burnt at the stake. It was effective. With the plague and these laws the Mutante was suspected to be completely wiped out and since then there hasn't been another Mutante harbourer for centuries. The few Lycanthropes that still believe in the old ways think that this was a punishment from Hecate for taking her gift and using it in the worst ways."

"So you think that I'm an embodiment of the Mutante?"

She nodded. "Yes. It would explain why despite being an Omega you can shift just as easily as a Beta or Alpha. It would explain why your wolf is so strong and fast and it would also explain the high concentration of the Mutante in your blood."

I really wished I could move my hand, just to run it through my hair and pull really hard. My brain felt like it was going to explode trying to process all of this.

There were just so many questions and irregularities but Dr. Carlisle did have a point it would make some sense. I just didn't understand what this had to do with the excruciating pain I went through.

However, it seemed the doctor had an answer for that too when I pointed it out.

"In the book I read from before The Great Purge, it described that the mutante didn't show itself in the body until one's seventeenth birthday where someone may experience either excruciating pain where the Mutante settles into your system or..." She trailed off a dark blush decorating her soft cheeks.

"Or?" I prompted.

"Or a high sex drive."

A bitter laugh let me. "Well, it seems I drew the short straw there."

A meek smile spread on the young doctor's lips and she focused on her clipboard again. "Yes well, it makes sense. According to the Prince, you don't remember when your birthday is, am I correct?" I nodded. "Then I believe it's safe to assume your seventeenth was three days ago when you first presented symptoms before the pain completely kicked in."

This was all completely insane. Everything about this was crazy. She was implying that I was some sort of gift sent from the goddesses for all Lycanthropes but could also be the lead to another purge? I know I said I was ready to die earlier but I didn't want people drinking my blood either.

Sensing my confusion and anxiety Dr. Caslise dropped a hand onto my shoulder and I was greatly pleased when tingles shot through it. At least something good was coming out of this whole conversation. Whatever she put in my IV must been something that will reverse the effects of the paralysis.

"I know this is a lot to take in but I believe it's important that you know."

I nodded. My eyes then drifted to the door where Logan still waited. "What are we gonna tell him?"

"Nothing. I don't think we should tell any of the Royal family yet. In fact, we shouldn't share this information with anyone, not until I can figure out a way to either hide it from detection or find out what would happen if for some reason it resurfaced. I also think we should test it."

I couldn't conceal my surprise or my distaste. "You want to drink my blood?"

"Just once for experimental purpose. We can talk about the symptoms and ideology all we like but there is only one way to see if we're truly right or not."

I considered it. She was right in some ways but didn't she say that it was highly addictive. I worried that if she took it once she'd start hunting me down or something until I gave her more.

"I know that look. One dose won't be enough to get me addicted I promise. Please I may be the pack doctor but I'm also a scientist and I live to solve and discover things so please just let me do this."

There were many pros and cons to this but truly I couldn't bring myself to think about them. I was too tired and although my body was slowly regaining its feeling, I ached. It was if it had had its internal beating and now I was left with all the after effects that left you sore and tired. I wasn't in any shape mentally or physically to be making these types of decisions.

"Can I think about it?"

She agreed easily, knowing it was as close to a yes as she'd get for now.

"For now though I'll make something up to tell everyone else. Although I'm not the best at lying."

A dry chuckle escaped me. "Just stick as close to the truth as you can get. Its more likely to be believable then."

Dr Carlisle's brow furrowed in confusion.

"Renowned criminal remember?"

"Oh right, sorry."

I shrugged as a yawn left me. The doctor smiled. "The effects of the Mutante should have settled by now and by the fact that you're not screaming in pain should mean that they have." I nodded in confirmation even though it wasn't really a question.

"Good. You rest now and I'll tell the pack of your condition." She stood soundlessly and smoothed out her lab coat. "Everyone is very worried about you. Your friend Alfie was about as distraught as Logan."

I sighed as she lowered my bed back down. My eyes suddenly felt very heavy. "Can you tell him this for me?" The drugs Carlisle had given me had waned off the paralysis enough so that I could move my fingers and toes. I shaped them to make the OK symbol but instead of holding down my index finger with my thumb I held down my ring finger instead.

She looked confused at first but nodded nonetheless. "Of course. Sleep now. I'll come to check on you soon."

I wasn't able to reply as this blackness washed over me. Like a blanket, but not a blanket of warmth but a blanket of coldness making me shiver. But somehow it made my eyes feel heavier and heavier. I closed my eyes finally drifting me into a dreamless sleep.

---

Hey so this chapter is probably a mess and probably doesn't make sense so I apologise in advance. Hopefully you can understand some of it and i'm not that bad of a writer *crosses fingers*

Anyway thanks for the support as usual. You guys are really amazing and I appreciate every single one of you.