"Why don't you come closer to get a better look?" I say, hiding a grin. I bring my face to hers, till our foreheads touch and with the contact of my skin to hers, my pain shoots into her, becoming even tenser as I focus harder. And she explodes.

I fall onto my knees with black blood spraying all over me, clinging to my skin and hair. I feel like throwing up. It tastes awful. "Katie!" Tony says, taking me by the arm and lifting me up. "Are you ok?" He asks.

I nod my head, trying to open my eyes, "I'm fine." I say, spitting out blood.

"Did you just swallow some of that?" He asks. I ignore the dizziness in my head and nod. "Shit, Katie! That stuff can kill you!"

I frown, "No, I have to keep fighting-"

"No, we have to get you back to the castle. Kallan!" He calls, still holding onto me. "Kallan, over here!"

I feel a hand on the top of my head, "What happened? Is this alien blood?" I hear Kallan ask Tony.

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure she swallowed some."

There's a pause, "Okay, I'll tell the others what happened and I'll be back to help you bring her back."

The hand pats back some of my hair from my face and then is gone. "Next time you slay an alien, maybe keep your mouth closed. You should know by now that if a strange liquid goes into your mouth that you shouldn't swallow it!"

I shake my head, wanting so badly to say it, "You really need to watch how you word things, Tony."

He doesn't laugh at my joke, "My gosh, grow up,"

"Okay, well it's not my fault I have the mind of a fifteen-year-old."

"He's coming back," Tony says, holding me tighter. I look up, hoping to see something, but my vision has almost completely blurred. Only shadows move. 

"Shit," I hear Tony hiss. 

"What?"

"An alien is coming over here, I'm going to lay you down, okay?"

"Okay." I'm laid gently onto the ground, and near me, I can hear the aliens breathing, ready to attack. 

I hear screams, multiple screams making me think that there aren't just one about to attack us...there's at least two. And they're communicating to each other. 

The sound of Tony's sword hitting one makes me flinch. The scream of it is muffled by the bomb that goes off near us, my senses overtaken by the feeling of the earth-shaking. 

I look up, my vision clearing a little and try to sit up too, but my muscles give out and I'm back on the ground. "Tony?" I call, wiping away the blood on my face. 

"I'm here, I'm here." He pants, he helps me up again, "Let's just get you out of here." 

"Wait...Jenna could help, bring her."

"Right, darn it, hold on. Kallan! Kallan, find Jenna! Now!" He pauses, "Can you see or walk?" He asks me.

I already know I can't see and I try to move my foot, but I feel nothing, "No."