A Sign

A/n: I wanted to clarify when this takes place in the show, since I wasn't sure myself and it's important in this chapter. Basically you die during season 6, shortly after Sam got his soul back.

Time skip of a few months~

I sat in my motel room, going over the information I'd gathered. I was tracking angel activity, looking for anything out of the ordinary that might be Lucifer. Something in New York had caught my eye, but I didn't want to drive over there until I was sure. I'd been on too many wild goose chases for that.

I stared at the newspaper article, lost in thought. A man's eyes were burned out and the words "don't double-cross me" were written in blood on the wall. Could this be Lucifer, or just some other angel? But, something about that chilling message told me that it wasn't some regular old angel. I gathered my stuff and got into the car I had stolen, setting off on the long drive.

Sam's Point of View-
I watched (y/n) get into her car, and singled for Dean to follow me into her motel room. I picked the lock and we went inside, hoping to find some clue as to where she was going. Every time she found a new lead, we followed her and made sure she stayed safe without her knowledge. It was better that she didn't know, she would be furious if she found out.

Dean searched around her bed and dresser, but a piece of paper on the desk caught my eye. "Sam and Dean, I'm heading to New York. I'm pretty sure this is it. I'd ask you not to follow me, but you've proven you won't listen. So I just ask you not to get involved, I want to get revenge on him myself." I stared at the paper in silence until Dean wondered what it said. I have it to him to read, "We have to kill him before he kills her." I stated. Dean nodded in agreement, "Yeah, she doesn't know what she's doing. She'd need an archangel blade to kill him. We have to stop her."

A/n: Sorry for being gone for so long and for such a short chapter. I didn't have any inspiration for this one, but I have ideas for future chapters. I have finals this week and the next, so it might be a little bit before I update tho. Thanks for 860 reads, that's crazy!