Chapter 12

Selene, Darion and Jax talked to Glacier for awhile, and found out he was really nice. He had a kind of cold personality, and spoke with a deep, steady voice, with no emotion, but what did they really expect? He told them he sometimes protected the village in the mountain, but they often changed their view about him. If he did something right with no harm, destruction, or casualties, they liked him. Anything that happened wrong, even in the slightest, they blamed it on him, forgetting he ever did any good. He even said they attacked him one time while trying to stop a house fire, so he just left. The house burt down, taking a few others with it, but they didn't want him, even if he most surely could've stopped the fire, and he didn't really care.

  He lived in a small cave on the other side of the mountain, which he briefly showed them. The team then invited him to their tower. He agreed, and they flew back to the tower.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"Your power is truly outstanding," Riah exclaimed, after he introduced himself, and showed his powers to the team.

"Thanks," he said, with a little spark of happiness Selene thought she saw in his eye.

"Ok," Riah said, loudly, to catch everyone attention.

"Darion and I have been working on a training course, in that flat patch of land, in the abandoned suburbs. It's meant to be highly compact, strong, and durable for any powers thrown against them. I am fairly certain it's ready, but I needed temperature checks, Selene, Glacier?" She asked, looking at them.

"Absolutely," Glacier said.

"Definitely!" Selene said, excited about just now knowing about this course.

"Before we go out, just wondering, what powers does everyone have?" Glacier asked intuitively.

"So, Zain is a shapeshifter of animals, Alyna has super jump and can teleport 4 feet in any direction, and the cool thing is, she can shift into any person, but she has to wear something of theirs. " Darion rattled off. "Riah has a super cool animatronic arm and is a whiz at anything, Jax can fly, has super hearing, night vision and has the ability to conjure and use his dark magic orb things." Jax smiled, as he conjured one, and used it to move a cup off of the counter, and into his hands.

   Darion continued, "Selene can do a lot of things." He said, turning to her. "Well, she has many powers, because..." He hesitated, looking at her with questioning eyes, clearly asking if he should tell Glacier she was a vampire. She spoke instead.

"As he was saying, I'm a vampire."

"Oh," She heard glacier murmer, but not in a bad tone. A sort of interested tone.

"That's why I can do a lot of stuff. I can fly, have night vision, super strength, super hearing, telekinesis, even though I'm not to good with that, regeneration, and for some reason I have firepower, and waterpower, which comes with underwater breathing, and telepathy. Oh, and Darion is normal," she giggled. 

"Hey!" He said, red on the face. "I can do stuff."

"Yes," Selene said. "He's a level 10 robin hood with karate." She laughed as Darion held his face in his hands. "Alright. In seriousness, hes the best archer with that bow, is a master at all martial arts, deception, traps and stuff like that."

"You seem like a dangerous combo, " Glacier commented.

"We can be," Jax said, raising an eyebrow.

"Anyways, wanna head to the training course?" Alyna asked, a little impatiently.

"Let's take the jet," Darion said, heading towards the door. They followed him downstairs, then into the underground cave where their jet was stored. It could also be used as a underwater submarine, but they just called it on however they were using it at the moment.

"Oh, wait," Darion paused, looked at the ship, then at everyone. He blew out of his mouth. "There's not enough seats," he said.

"I'll fly," Selene volunteered.

"Are you sure?" Glacier asked, "I could."

"No, its fine. I know where we are going, and plus, you get to ride in the jet. It's pretty cool."

"Ok," he finally agreed. Darion put him in Selene's seat while everyone else got seated, closing their hatches.

  The jet looked similar to an airplane, except it is flatter, has curved wings, and has 6 cockpits. Three horizontal, and two diagonal, including the one in the middle. The driver of the jet though, was Darion, who is seated In the front. The two in the wings, Alyna and Zain, man the energy guns. Riah, who's seated in the back, takes care of the radar, keeping a lookout, and alerts everyone of it through their communicator headphones. Jax and Selene, who are seated In the middle, usually go out to help fight is they are attacked, because they can fly, and in the team's word, 'strong links,' which Jax said, meaning they are strong and work together nicely. Selene agreed with him, since they really do.

  The ship, if the team is in major trouble, can split into six separate mini jets, and each activates their own mini laser guns, and they have complete control over their piece. Darion had Riah program a separate button, having Selene's and Jax's piece stay connected to their neighbor's, since when they were in combat, they were occupied outside the ship, making their pieces of the jet fall to the ground when the button was pressed. They couldn't connect when they were done, and had to go find the pieces. Doing this made it easier.

  Selene watched as Glacier got into her compartment, seeing his eyes scan over all the gadgets impressed, as he put on a set of communicator headphones and buckled in. All the hatches closed, and as Darion turned the jet on, he checked to see that the communicator headphones were working, and everyone was strapped in. They were, and he made sure Riah had checked all the dials to make sure everything worked. She okayed it, as Darion clicked a button on his phone to make the door open for the jet.

  It slowly opened, then, with a whoosh of wind and a pop of flame from the jet, it flew out of the door, Selene following, as it shut behind them.