"Whatever, Kathrine" I snap because she's starting to annoy me with her stupid Kyle praises "You don't live with him so I wouldn't expect you to understand. I bet you've never even had a conversation with the guy"

"Yeah, I have" She defends exasperated "He's Nathan's friend"

"Why am I not surprised" I murmur. Off course Nathan is friends with someone like Kyle "How is it living with him, anyways?"

"Good" She replies and her grin matches "Really good"

"Well I'm happy he's not giving you grief or anything" I can't help my grin back. My best friend's happiness means the world to me.

She hugs me "I appreciate the concern but yeah everything has been good. How's Noah?"

"Busy as always" My mood shuts down immediately at the mention "I don't know, Kat, it's like he doesn't even have time for me anymore"

"He'll come around. I know my best friend" She tried to reassure but it doesn't really help "You know he's taking a really hard course so I guess he always has a lot of studying to do"

"I know but it's an adjustment from last semester because we used to be attached by the hip and now I barely see him. I guess the work is just getting more and more"

She sighs holding my hand "Like I said: he'll come around. Don't worry, okay? I know that boy and I know that he loves you and wouldn't do anything to lose you"

"Thanks, Kat" I smile squeezing her hand "That actually made me feel so much better"

She grins "That's what best friends are for"

"Hey, do you wanna help me do groceries after class?" I ask her hopefully.

She nods "Sure. Not a problem. I'll also do mine"

***

"Kathrine, I swear to God I don't know why I still do grocery shopping with you" I grumble pushing my cart away from her.

She keeps putting all kinds of candy in it, telling me they're heaven. She always does this.

"Come on, Chels, are you on some diet or something?" She asks.

I roll my eyes "No. But that doesn't mean I should buy 500 different candies so stop it please"

"That's exactly what it means" She argues looking at some cereal "Its not like you ever gain weight"

I grab some Fruit Loops and put them in "Hush. Let's just shop like responsible adults, okay?"

"Fine, Grumpy Grace" She grumbles childishly and I can't help but giggle "So, what's still on your list?"

I look at it "Bread, milk, some meat, eggs, veges, pasta and some snacks. Yeah I think that's all I'm going to get for now"

She shrugs "Okay. I basically also have the same, except the snack is first on the list"

I laugh at her. We carry on our very responsible shopping and then after what feels like forever we're finally at the tills and paying.

"Uhm, hi" I turn around to see that suspect who was tapping me on the shoulder "I'm Winnie"

I wave awkwardly "Hey. I'm Chelsea"

"Sorry to bother you" She starts off sheepishly "But I noticed that you live at Cottage Hill and I live there too and my ride ditched me. Anyways I was wondering if I could catch a ride with you"

"Sure" I smile reassuringly "I'll ask my friend, it's her car"

"Thank you" She smiles.

"Hey, Kat" I call for her attention because she was too busy with the cashier "Do you think we could give Winnie a ride?"