The girl's eyes narrowed as they landed on him. "And I can't believe you haven't been castrated by a ball yet."

"Ha!" I called excitedly. "Two against one. Take that, sucker."

Sam just eyed me before turning away again. Asher raised a brow at me and slowly walked down the stand's steps.

A group of our teammates walked past the stands, and I recognized Trevor being in their middle. They were chatting carelessly while their laughter filled the air, and not one of them turned their head our way.

Asher walked over to the pair of stairs that led down the stands, and I quickly grabbed my bag and hurried to follow him.

"I think I got it now," I said once I had reached him. He just glanced at me but didn't say anything, so I continued talking instead. "Why you don't like Trevor. I figured it out."

"Please, enlighten me."

"He started something with your ex," I stated. "Or with your girlfriend and you broke up with her because of it."

Asher raised a brow as he eyed me. "How did you come up with that?"

A spark of hope lightened up in my chest. "Is it true?"

"No."

The spark died, and I rolled my eyes. "Well, it was worth a try."

We continued walking in silence for a moment before Asher decided to take on talking again.

"Was that really your first guess? It was pretty bad."

I frowned. "It's a good motive to hate someone," I contradicted. "What is it then? Are you rivals? Friends that turned into enemies? Half-brothers?"

I usually wasn't this curious since other people didn't interest me enough to give them that much thought, but it was different with Asher. I just wanted to know what exactly made Trevor so special.

He sighed and tightened the grip around his bag's strap. "What do I have to do to make you shut up?"

"How about tell me the truth?"

The boy next to me shot me a look I met with a just as serious gaze, and he rolled his eyes.

"Just forget it. It's not important."

"It obviously matters to you, so duh it is," I replied.

"That doesn't mean it's any of your business," he said, his tone suddenly hard and firm. "Stop bothering me about it. Or at least buy me coffee first, I haven't had a single cup all day."

I raised a brow. "So you're trying to make deal? I buy you coffee and you tell me?"

"I'm trying to make you shut up, but it's obviously not working," he replied with a sigh. "It's none of your concern, so forget it. Bye, city boy."

Then he turned and walked away, leaving me to walk back to Michael's alone. I was still thinking about our conversation when I entered his house and shut the door behind me.

"Kiri?" Michael called from my room. I got out of my shoes, wondering what exactly he was doing in there.

"Could this be considered an invasion of priva-"

I stopped in my tracks when I saw Michael covered in what had to be clothes, standing in front of the closet with a puzzled expression. An open suitcase was laying in front of him, and I recognized it from already being on top of the closet when I first came here almost three weeks ago.

"I can explain," he began, and I crossed my arms.

"Please tell me you weren't going through my stuff."