Chapter 14: The party, Pt. 2

Jill's POV

Ugh life ain't fair when you're 13! I had spent days locked up between these four walls and I was sick to death of it. It's not that I found much interest in this party, but it was an opportunity to go out. Besides Sally wanted to hang out with Kai and Luka seemed interested in me. And the older ones didn't know, meaning no Zeth, no Fred... yeah it definitely sounded tempting.

So? Sneak out silly. You think my parents are letting me go? Kai's words were still swirling inside my head as the wheels of my brain worked full speed to come up with a plan. It had to be good, I didn't want by any chance to be caught by the Commander. It'd be the end of my life as I know it.

Once I made sure Steve wouldn't come to my room to say goodnight, I pulled out a proper outfit I tried to choose on the rush (yeah, it was quite hard). I picked up my favorite white shirt and I put a short strappy black dress over it with a belt and some leather sneakers. One quick look in the mirror made me think I was perhaps too casual, but it was my style and I preferred it to overdress. Some earrings and a bit of makeup would do the trick.

My hands reached for the bottom of the window, carefully lifting it until there was enough space for me to through. I cringed when I heard a crook noise coming from the old wooden structure, but after waiting a couple seconds to perceive any other sound I was met with a peaceful silence. The Commander was out.

I waited for Sally, who was picking me up in a cab and luckily enough she came soon. She seemed relaxed and then I learned her parents had actually given her permission to go. I snorted thinking how lucky she was. I didn't like one bit to feel my neck sweat each time I remember Steve laying down on his bed completely oblivious as to what his little sister was up to. Oh well, out of the sight, out of the sight.

When we pulled into the driveway he could already hear the music coming through the windows and open door of the huge house we were at. I didn't even know whose house it was, just that it was someone from our class. I barely knew people there, but Sally made her way introducing me to some of our classmates I should have known from before. Some were really nice, some... were rather distant and I knew it was because I was an outsider. Ugh, stupid people and their judgment.

"Kaikamahine!" someone called us on our backs and I turned my head around to find Kai almost on top of us. He's like super weird. I don't know what Sally sees in him.

"Hey Kai, where's Luka?" Sally immediately asked. It was strange to see them separate to be honest. They were like siamese brothers.

"He was around... somewhere. Anyways, I'm glad you guys managed to come" he smiled at us and I felt (literally felt) Sally trembling by my side. I rolled my eyes knowing I'd have to take the lead.

"Wasn't easy but here we are" I said raising my glass of soda. There wasn't much else to drink anyways.

"Ah, you sly dog! You outsmarted the most badass man in the island" he congratulated me and I was surprised he knew just how hard was to dodge my brother. I had never said to anyone who he was.

"Wait... you know him?" I asked him as my eyes widened a bit in shock.

"McGarrett? The entire island knows him. Him and his crew are on the news very often" he replied calmly, as if it wasn't such a big deal. Nobody knew how it irritated me that my brother was so popular in Hawaii. That's something I definitely missed from Boston.

"You don't say" I grumbled as I took a sip of my drink.

If only I was a few years older and I liked alcohol. I could definitely use some right now.

"Spin the bottle!" someone shouted and before long we were all sat down on a big circle with a glass bottle in the middle. As the bottle spinned we got to see many of our classmates make out with each other. Even girls, even boys... it was mandatory that when you were chosen with the bottle you had to kiss the one who had spinned it.