PART-VIII (MEGA UPDATE)

Start from the beginning

Arnav was in the patio of one of the huge bedrooms overlooking the lawn. It had been two days since he got back. He had a few conferences set up today by Aman. He was lost in thoughts of what had transpired a few days before and what had happened just before the accident. Khushi had been diligent about making him three meals a day and ensuring that he ate them, even though she stayed away from him. A few times he caught her staring at him. He could bet that she wanted to talk to him but was unable to.

"Sir ji, your coffee", Arnav turned back to see the girl of his thoughts standing before him.

She gave it to his hand and slowly turned back to leave.

"Wait", he said, "Why do I feel like you want to say something?"

She looked nervous and lowering her head down said, "I am sorry Sir ji"

"For?" he questioned

"For... your accident", she faltered, "For... everything that night", "You... you left in anger", "May be that's why... you got into an accident", a tear rolled down her left cheek.

"Khushi", he caught her hand gently before she could leave. She looked up surprised.

He lifted his hand and wiped the tear with his right thumb.

"It's not your fault", he couldn't see the sorrow in her eyes, "You don't have to feel guilty about this at all"

He kept stroking his thumb on her cheek and she stood there watching him without moving back.

"It was clearly the truck driver that came onto the wrong side, I had to turn towards the hill to avoid him hitting me", he explained even though not sure why he had to. He wanted her to feel better.

"Why does her pain hurt me so much?", he pondered, "then again, this is Khushi", "I have always felt different for her"

He had always wanted her consent, he had always wanted to win her heart, not force her, neither could he tolerate her tears or pain.

He shook his head and pulled out of his thoughts.

Changing the topic, he asked, "How is your father doing Khushi?"

"He is better Sir ji, um...", she hesitated again.

"Go on", he encouraged.

"I can take him back to... to the Ayurvedic center", she said not meeting his eyes

"Why would you do that?" he frowned