PART-VIII (MEGA UPDATE)

Start from the beginning

"Oh", Arnav said, "who brought me here and when did you come to Nainital?"

"This is not Nainital sir, it is Rampur", Aman said, "Luckily, it was one of our managers from the orchards, Lajpat, who saw you after the accident. He brought you here right away"

"This hospital is better and closer to the accident site than the one in Nainital. He called me immediately. You have been unconscious from two days."

"Shit, two days?" Arnav panicked, "Wait, you didn't let Di or Dadi know, right?"

"No ASR, I wanted to ask you first", Aman shook his head, "Although I would have been dead meat in Anjali Mam's hands if you had not woken up"

Arnav chuckled, "Thanks Aman"

After an hour or so, there was a knock on the door. Aman opened it to find Khushi.

"Is he... um... awake?" she asked

"Yes", Aman said, "Come in"

Khushi walked in gingerly and looked at Arnav. Aman left saying he had to make a call.

"What are you doing here?" Arnav asked her sharply

"I... I came to see yo... I mean... I brought food", she stuttered, "I spoke to doctor ji outside, he said you can eat food from home"

She looked at him hopefully while he stared at her.

"Hmm keep it here", he spoke rather harshly, "You may leave"

She looked at him for a long second with tears in her eyes before she left. He closed his eyes to calm down his smothering emotions.

Aman entered the room as soon as she left, "Sir, she was here yesterday too. She watched you for a long time when you were unconscious... um...", Aman hesitated, "she looked very sad"

Arnav just nodded his head.

Soon Aman and Arnav got busy with their work, with Aman rescheduling some key meetings to a couple of days later when Arnav would be able to take them.

Since it was an accident case, the DIG of the town visited him at the hospital to enquire about his health and ask him a few questions.

A day later, Arnav was declared fit to be discharged.

Back at Raizada estate Mansion, Nainital: