BONUS CHAPTER 23 (BECAUSE MY BABIES WANTED MORE)

Start from the beginning

Only two? God what even is this.

"Where can we reach him? Your fiancé?" Charles stood to his feet reaching for his phone.

"He's deployed in California at base. He leaves in two days" I grunted

"How are we going to do that?" Donna asked

I was completely out of it. I had no more energy to speak.

"Nana I got it"

He placed the phone on speaker.

"Hello. This is Sergeant Phillips at base...."

"Yes hello Sergeant. I'm looking for Lieutenant Porter Johnson"

"Who is speaking?"

"Fleet Admiral Chalres Duncan of the Navy Seals. O-11" his voice was stern and filled with authority.

"Yes sir!"

"Bring me Lieutenant Porter Johnson. His wife is going into labor.

So was he was a navy seal, I wonder how old he is then?

"Yes one moment sir"

"How are you feeling?" Donna asked dabbing my sweat with a cold damp towel.

"Like I got hit by a bus "

"Lieutenant Porter Johnson here"

"Hello sir we got your wife on the phone and she's going into labor" Charles brought the phone over to me.

"Porter" I chocked just as tears ran down my cheeks

"Baby you okay? I'm here. Where are you?"

I shook my head leaning it back against the seat.

"I'm-I" I licked my lips suddenly parched

"We need to get her to the hospital now" Donna said reaching for the medical kit.

"Hello who are you people. Why do you have my fiancé!?"

"Sir if you don't want to miss the birth of your child I advice you get your butt over here now!" Donna yelled reaching to sit me up.

"Lieutenant"

"Yes sir" I heard Porter cry.  My eyelids were extremely heavy, I wanted to sleep. I really did.

"Yes sir. I'll be right th-"

"Porter" I called, mouth unbelievably dry.

"Yes baby"

"I love you" I sighed bearing the pain.

" I love you too" His voice wavered

"And Porter?"

"HURRY UP!" I cried doing labored breathing.

"We need to get her to the hospital now"

~~~

I blacked out. Well I think I did.

Beep beep

The sound of the machine awoke me. The bright light from the sun shining into the room burned my eyes.

"Ouch my head" I groaned moving my sore muscles.

"mmm" a body groaned next to me

I looked over at the man resting his head on the desk while holding my hand.

Tears began to well up.
Porter, he came.

"Porter?" I whispered tapping his shoulder.

"Renae?" He jumped up quickly attacking my face with kisses.

"Baby you scared me half to death. You've been asleep for three days! God are you okay!?" He questioned frantically.

"I feel fine. I think" I sat up as Porter helped me adjust my bed.

"Porter?" My heart began to panic

"Where's the baby?" His expression went blank.

"No my baby. Is she-"

"God no she's not dead! I'll get the doctor"

Within five minutes the Doctor came,  she walked me through exactly what happened.

"Your daughter was born 32 weeks old. The labor was stressed induced causing your water to break earlier than expected.

Your daughter is going to be fine. But there will be complications down the road. Being that she is premature we'll have to keep you both here to run some tests as well. Your baby will likely need a longer hospital stay in a special nursery unit. Depending on how much care your baby requires, she may be admitted to an intermediate care nursery or the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).

Many doctors and myself are a specialized team with training in taking care of preterm babies. We will be available to help care for your baby with no difficulty. Don't hesitate to ask questions" she stated glancing at her clipboard.

"Will I be able to see her?"

"Your baby may need extra help feeding, and adapting immediately after delivery. So yes you will be able to see her and maybe breast feed her from time to time. She's 3 lbs., 12 oz. (1.7 kg), 16.5 in. (42 cm) Long and 11.4 in. (29 cm) in head circumference" the doctor added briefly.

She's so tiny. My little baby.

"Is there anything else I need to know. Like risks?"

She glanced at her board once more, reading it over.

Porter gripped my hand tighter, reassuring me.

"Ahh yes here it is. In your medical records, it  indicates that you did have a few stressful life events, a death of a loved one and was once in a domestic violence relationship. Multiple miscarriages or abortions and physical injury or trauma"

All the memories of Vince and my past I once left behind in Brentwood came flooding back.

"It's okay. Everything is okay. That life is over now" Porter whispered

If only he knew.

The end
I didn't want to write too long because it will become too boring 🙂

Crazy ex Vince.

LET ME KNOW YOU WANT A SEPARATE STORY FOR RENAE AND PORTER!! MANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN REQUESTING IT, THAT IDEA HAS MY WHEELS TURNING 😏 *cackles manically* PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER

LET ME KNOW YOU WANT A SEPARATE STORY FOR RENAE AND PORTER!! MANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN REQUESTING IT, THAT IDEA HAS MY WHEELS TURNING 😏 *cackles manically* PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER. GET IT TO 100 votes pls ❤️

Love roses 🌹