Chapter 25

Chapter 25
The Morning After
Shawn Mendes
865 Words
~

I rushed around all day, trying to make the moment that's about to happen as perfect as it can be. My whole team is in on it, my family and her family, but not my fans as I don't think they'd keep their mouths shut about this. I rented out the entire park just for this, something I didn't even know was possible. I'm just walking around now, keeping my eyes on the magnificent clock in the centre of the park, watching time tick down before Sarah arrives. My heart is already racing, my palms are sweaty and thoughts are flying through my mind. What if it goes wrong? What if...? Damn, I really have to stop with these questions before I completely bail on this plan. I check my phone, as I have been compusibely for the past 5 minutes, waiting for the signal text from Brian. Nothing yet, but it will come soon. I told her to meet me here in 15 minutes, 13 minutes ago. It's crazy to think my life might completely change in 2 minutes. Seconds tick by achingly slow, but at the same time I'm loosing track of time. I feel a buzz in my pocket, and I don't even need to read the text to know that Sarah is just about to get here. I take a few deeps breaths, straighten my posture, make sure what needs to be hidden is hidden, and keep my eyes on the road ahead of me, waiting her arrival. It's not long before I see her climb out of the car, Aaliyah giving me a reassuring thumbs up. As soon as my eyes fall on her, I'm overwhelemed by her beauty. It's simply something that cannot be described by words. She smiles at me while walking up, only increasing the butterflies in my stomach. Once she steps up on the platform of the centre stage of the park, I pull her by her waist into a kiss. She smiles again agaisnt my lips and I can't help but grin, breaking off the kiss a few moments later. She looks up at me with her bright eyes, "So, what's the occasion?" I laugh a bit at her question, taking her hand in mine "Let me show you." I walk towards a clearing in the trees, leading her behind me. I stop once we get in, and turn to see her reaction. I'd set up fairy lights up upon the trees around us, hagning pictures of us and our memories on them. On the ground, there were blankets and pillows, set infront of a projector screen. She slowly walks around with me at her side, looking at each of the pictures, "Hey, that was our first date! I didn't even know you still had a picture of that. Oh my god, I cannot believe you took a picture of me when I performed at your show. The hospital room.. I'll never forget when you decorated it for me. I still think you should become an interior designer. Wow, Shawn. All of this is so beautiful, I love you." My heart fills with joy at her comments, staying that way throught all of our walk around the clearing. It was hard work finding some of these pictures, but it was so so worth it. We finally sit downon the blankets, resting agaisnt the pillows. She rests her head on my chest, and the video starts. First it's videos of her childhood, alternating with mine. I watch her smile, the memories certainly arising in her mind. It changes to a video of us walking around one of the venues together, when she first started working for me. The videos continue, a reel of all of the speical moments we've had throughout our lives, together and apart. Of course, the best moments aren't captured on camera. Soon enough, the screen darkens and that's my cue. I get up, walking a bit forward then turning to face her "These  memories mean the world to me, and I want to be able to make a million more with you," I kneel down and take out the ring box from my jacket and open it, "Sarah Wilson, will you marry me for real this time? Time slows down as she reaches her hands up to her face, a tear rolling down her cheek before she exclaims "Yes! Yes, I'll marry you. I promise, it's for real this time!" I smile widely, tears brimming my own eyes as well while I carefully put the ring on her. I stand up and she follows, leaning in to kiss me while my family, her family cheer from behind us. I kiss her back, turning around shortly after, holding up her hand in the air, looking to my mom "Mom, I did it, I married a princess."

A/N: This book has now come to an end! Thank you to everyone who has read my work, you guys have made this an amazing journey! There will not be a third book, unfortunately. As always, thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and comment! ❤️