Chapter 12: His Voice

Comenzar desde el principio

“Kris?” he whispered very softly.

“Hmm?”

“Will you marry me?”

“WHAT? Robert are you crazy?! I…You…Rob…!” he burst out laughing.

“What is so funny?!” he was literally on the floor, lying on his back and clutching his stomach guffawing. “ROB!”

“Okay, okay I’m done” with that came round two.

I glared at him as sharply as I could. He finally recovered and knelt before me again.

“Kristen I never did get an answer…Kris? Look at me” His voice got gentle again. I locked my gaze with his.

“Yeah sure Rob! Why wouldn’t I?” now understanding that he was joking, he couldn’t keep from laughing. He squealed like a little girl and picked me up from my recliner –blanket and all- and spun me around.

“Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!”

“Rob! Lemme down!” but my voice was muffled by his shoulder.

“HA! As if!” and spun me around again and again and again and again. I think my weight was finally taking over him and he let me down.

“Ugh Rob you messed up my makeup!”

“You would care about makeup?” he asked chuckling

“Yes, or we’ll get slaughtered by Sia, and you should too you know”

“Why?” he looked hopelessly confused. I walked up to him and tried to wipe lipstick off his neck and cheek.

“How did that get there?” he said giving a very creepy look.

“I don’t know!” I retorted honestly.

“Mhm”

“It was probably you”

“Yeah so I randomly decided to bend over and kiss myself on my own cheek and neck which, by the way, is physically impossible, while I was holding you

“Yeah probably. You’re so weird”

“Thanks babe” he said looking smug.

“Ew” I said laughing. “Don’t even”

He chuckled and smoothed out my hair that got horribly distorted from the ride he gave me. The doorbell rang and we both jumped.

“Rob?”

“Yes”

“You know, we’re screwed”

“I know”

“What do we do?”

“What else? Open the door”

“You do it”

“Okay fine but don’t you go hide somewhere, you’re coming with me”

“Fine” we didn’t even realize we were whispering when the doorbell rang again that seemed louder than before.

“Robert! Kristen! Why don’t you answer any calls, why don’t you reply to any texts? WHY do you sneak off without telling anybody?  WHY DID YOU RUIN YOUR FACES?”

“Sorry Sia” we both mumbled together.

“Well what are you waiting for? I have to redo your guys’ faces hurry up!”

“Sia it’s still cloudy outside”

“Oh you didn’t hear? Wait if course not, we will be filming that after you revel to her that you’ve been watching her in her sleep, then you’ll say you want to try something then kiss her”

“Oh” He started sweating again. I touched his palm and he wrapped his fingers around mine and gave them a little squeeze. I smiled at him which he returned and let go. He seemed a little calmer. We followed Sia and she did our make up again and did Robs hair. He looked amazing. He had such a defined jawline and his hair, once you look there then at his eyes, your breathing stops. He was beautiful.  Breath-taking.  Catherine quickly went over our staging and lines and took her place behind the camera.

“ACTION!”

We had to do it a couple times to get it right, and it wasn’t romantic at all. We both had to strain our necks and stretch out our lips so the camera will a full view, I had to be leaning so much I almost fell on him and he couldn’t keep a straight face. Our audition kiss was a lot more romantic in my opinion, yet no matter how much my neck ached or how awkward my positioning was, once our lips touched, none of that mattered any more. I suddenly felt all his bottled up feelings, all his hidden emotions embrace me in the sweetest way.  The way Rob made me feel was surreal. No one else made me feel that way, like my body was filled with his special sweet honey tea. I kissed him back with double the passion that he gave me. It took him by surprise, and he parted his lips, pulling my upper lips with both of his. His mouth was sweet and tempting. I strangled my hands in his hair and threw myself into the kiss. Threw myself at him. He laughed softly against my lips and breathed out; the sweet air fell on my tongue in the most delicious way.

“CUT”

But he didn’t stop. His lips engulfed mine and I relaxed a bit under him, he held me at my waist and brought me close to his chest, and hugged me.  World War III could’ve been going on and neither of us would’ve cared.  He brushed my hair softly with his other hand and exhaled again, I did the same, but my breath came out way faster than I expected. He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

“You know we didn’t get that last little bit, since I said cut before…” she looked a little embarrassed, I was feeling the same but Rob didn’t. His hands were still in my hair. Catherine smiled a little and left us be.  We spent a nice night together. We went back to his trailer and he played me his music all night long. I fell asleep on his lap on my recliner buried in his blanket. I woke up to a reminder on my phone that read MICHEAL’S ARRIVAL, when I suddenly remembered Michael was coming today. My heart sank.