Chapter 18 - A Journeys Beginning

Start from the beginning

"Anyway, I have to pack really quickly."
I say as I run towards Grandmothers.

"I'll help you!" Zirin says as he chases after me.

Zelda's P.O.V

Paya and Zirin run up the stairs to pack her bags.

I turn to look at Link, and say, "Link, I know you already know this, but make sure to keep a close eye on Zirin. We don't know him, and I don't fully trust him yet."

I said yes because, in all honesty, I just want Paya to come with us. She's very good at what she does, and she's my best friend. This Zirin fellow may be of some use, but I didn't agree for him. I agreed for her. Selfish, I know.

Link nods, and I can't help but wonder why he didn't tell me about what happened with Paya. Maybe he really does have feelings for her, but didn't want to tell me because-

Ugh... what am I thinking?

Obviously he wanted her to tell me because he really does consider her feelings. That doesn't mean he has feelings for her.

I do wonder though, how did Zirin and Paya meet? She had never mentioned the name 'Zirin' before, so does that mean that their newly aquatinted? What is their relationship? Are they more than friends? I suppose she might have been spending time with him all this time, it makes sense. As I drown in my thoughts, I hear the door open and realize that whole time I was thinking I was staring at Link. I turn around and mentally face palm myself.

"Ok! I'm ready, too!" Paya yells as she runs towards us. Surprisingly, similar to Zirin, Paya only has one giant bag on her back. I thought she would bring more.

"Well let's be on our way." I said. I grab onto my horse and pull myself up.

"You can have this horse." Link says to Paya and Zirin.

What? What does he mean? Is he going to walk? Wait. IS HE GOING TO RIDE WITH ME?! My heart flutters a little at the thought.

"L-." I start to say, but then he pulls out his Shekiah Slate and an interesting machine appears out of thin air.

I slide of off my horse to get a closer look. "Link! What- What is this thing?"

"I call it a motorbike."

"Interesting.." I say as I examine it.
Two tires, and handles to control it. I wonder how its fueled. Horses need rest and food so maybe this machine is the same. Maybe it rides on the energy of the sun. Maybe...

I clear my throat, and say, "Anyway, it really is time to get going." I look over to Paya and Zirin, Paya is sitting in front of him and her face is so red. Zirin is a bit more composed but I still see the embarrassment and how nervous he is.

I get back on my horse and we begin to head towards the stable to fetch Zirin and Link a horse. Though Links 'motor bike' is fast, he says that he likes how tall the horses are, and he likes to ride next to me. If the motor bike gets to close to the horses, it spooks them.

We reach the stable, and luckily nothing has gone wrong. A good start to a journey.

I slide of off my horse, and follow Link. He seems to be running towards a merchant. Paya goes with Zirin to help him catch a horse.

"Ah, it's you again!" The strange merchant looks over to me, "And hello miss, I'm Beetle." He looks back over to Link, "I'm assuming you want to buy?"

Link nods his head and Beetle shows him his goods. The only thing that seemed useful was the arrows, so Link bought all of them. "Thank you!" Beetle says as he heads inside of the stable.

"Oh I forgot. You have to get a horse Link."

Though I thought Link would have to go catch one, he goes over to the desk and requests a horse taken out. A white horse with interesting gear on comes out. This horse looks similar to Daisy... my loyal stead.

"Link what is this gear on your horse?" I ask as I run my fingers over it.

He walks a good distance away and whistles. The horse disappears and returns to where Link is standing. I gasp at the sight. Maybe when Link is far from his horse the armor reacts to its master whistling and teleports to wherever he is. Just a theory.

I walk over to Link. "That was amazing."

"YESSS!" Someone yells out of the blue, I turn to see Zirin and Paya triumphantly sitting on a horse covered in dirt and their hair a mess. I'm guessing catching this horse was no easy task.

This time Paya was sitting behind Zirin. Still holding her arms up in victory, she seemed to forget she was on the horse. The horse got a little riled up again, and it seemed like it was trying to shake them off. Because Paya wasn't holding on to anything, she started to fall off, but, Zirin noticed, and quickly wrapped his arm around her, the other arm holding onto the horses mane. Their faces were so close, I honestly thought they were going to kiss.

Instead, he pulled her back up, looked at her and said, "Are you ok?"
For some reason her face wasn't bright red. For some reason she didn't stutter.
She smiled, and said "I'm ok, thanks to you."

Oh... I know why. This has happened to me before. When the man that you love saves you from danger, that moment and that feeling is irreplaceable. Any other romantic or cute thing you might blush, but, these moments are something you can't just blush about. It's something that makes your heart flutter, and it feels like your love for them increases ten fold. She's not thinking about how close their faces were, she's thinking about how he saved her from falling. How he heroically swooped in and caught her.

I felt the same way when Link saved me from the Yiga clan.

As Zirin directed the horse near the stable, Paya held onto him. He was blushing so hard it wasn't even funny.

It was funny.

He registered the horse, and named it Blue. I'm assuming he named it that because of the horses blue coat. Which reminded me, what did Link name his horse?

"What did you name her, Link?" I ask as I feed his horse one of my apples.

He seems to tense up, and whispers something under his breath. "Pardon?"

"Princess. I named her princess."
.
.
.
...After me?

Is what I wanted to say out loud but to afraid he would say no.

"I like it. Her white mane takes the name well, but, her armor gives her the opposite look."

Link gets this surprised look on his face and starts to lead the horse towards the stable. What is he doing?

He goes up to a woman standing near the horses; it appears that she works here. They leave my view, and come out the next moment in...

In... the royal saddle and bridal.

A spitting image. She was a spitting image of Daisy.

My mind pulls me back into the past, from when I had first gotten Daisy....