EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

✢ ✢ ✢

        Things in Beacon Hills have finally died down, and it seems as though for once things may actually end up being okay. Jackson's finally back to being Jackson, which is good, and well, he's still alive. That seems to be the only thing that really matters right now considering that he died twice in one night.

        As for Foster and her father, things have finally gotten back to normal with them. Well, as close to normal as things can get. They still cling to each other like hope, both of them knowing that this town is a lot more deadly than it seemed on paper. Here Foster's mother has the chance of dying from her coma whilst Foster almost did die.

        Lydia Martin, the one who used to be in the blue about everything, now fully understands that Beacon Hills is not your average town, and is really just the breeding ground for the supernatural and totally bizarre. And she seems to know now that her friends were only trying to protect her this past year.

        Foster currently sits on her bed, twiddling her thumbs nervously, Scott seated beside her. The two have been sitting here in an awkward silence for the past five minutes, none of them able to say a word.

        Scott clears his throat nervously, stating softly, "Allison and I broke up."

        Foster felt a pang of guilt due to her surge of happiness from the news, but she couldn't help it. Over the past few months she had grown to develop feelings for Scott, and it's taking every ounce of self control she has to not smash her lips against his right now. 

        Foster nods softly, asking, "You did?"

        "Yeah," he breathes out, nodding in confirmation. "You know, at first I thought that Allison and I would be together forever, that no girl could every compare."

        Foster glances toward him, feeling her heart plummet into her chest. She nods in understanding, realizing that this is probably his way of letting her down easy. Maybe him grabbing her hand the other night was a mistake and he just didn't realize how to tell her. She should have realized that good things don't happen to girls like her.

        "And then you moved here," Scott breathes out, Foster's head snapping up so fast that she could possibly get whiplash from the movement.

        "What?" she blurts out, mentally slapping herself in the face due to the excitement laced in her voice. Scott lets out a soft chuckle, Foster asking, "What are you trying to say?"

        A small smile grows on his face, the boy saying softly, "What I'm trying to say is that I want to kiss you right now."

        Foster feels her heart beat quicken, Scott able to hear it easily, only making him grin wider. He took this as his green light to go, slowly leaning in toward the blonde. Her thumb glides along her cheek slowly, soon brushing a stand of her light blonde hair behind her ear.

        Before his lips can reach hers, Foster pulls back suddenly. He looks at her nervously, thinking that he's done something wrong.

        Foster smiles softly, stating, "Promise me something, McCall."

        He nods his head quickly, blurting out, "Anything."

        "Don't break my heart."

        And with that, Scott leans forward quickly, his lips finally reaching hers. Scott can feel Foster smile into the kiss, the blonde cupping his cheek with her hand. 

        The contact between them causes sparks to shoot throughout her, the blonde unable to deny the euphoric sensation spreading throughout her. She's finally kissing Scott McCall, the boy that she's been crushing on for the past few weeks.

        The kiss isn't fast, and it's not intimate either, but it's enough to show the either that they care deeply for one another and want to see where this can take them. To see if a relationship can work and develop.

        And Foster can't wait to see what happens next.

✢ ✢ ✢

        Later that night Foster finds herself in the kitchen, searching the pantry for something to eat. She is starving, most definitely. And you can't watch hours worth of Netflix without snacks, it's just not possible.

        She hums Thanks For The Memories softly under her breath, turning around to only be met face to face with a familiar face. She lets out a startled scream, dropping her bag of Goldfish to the ground.

        "What the hell are you doing in here?" Foster screeches, searching around frantically for something that could be considered a weapon.

        In front of her, in her kitchen, is Peter Hale, a cunning smirk on his face. He only takes a step toward her, Foster backing away nervously. She practically trembles in her shoes, knowing about how he tried to kill all of her friends last semester. How he is the one who bit Scott and murdered dozens of people.

        "What the hell do you want?" Foster demands, her back finally pressing against the wall, Peter's face merely inches away from hers.

        "It's not about what you can give me right now yet, Foster," Peter begins with a smirk, a plan up his sleeve, "but don't worry, you will return the favor."

        "I won't be giving you any favors," she grits through clenched teeth, Peter only chuckling in response.

        His hand rises, pushing a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear, allowing his hand to caress her face.

        "I meant it when I said you have phenomenal skin," Peter compliments, Foster shuddering under his touch. "But what you're just witnessed these past few months, let me tell you that there's always the calm before the storm, my dear."

        The End.