vii. ESQUIRE

vii. ESQUIRE

✢ ✢ ✢

        "Um - what about your house?" Stiles suggests, the three of them still sitting in his jeep whilst driving around a naked Jackson who could turn into a lizard without a moments notice.

        "What?" Scott cries out, seeming appalled by the suggestion. "Not when my mom's there!"

        "Foster?" Stiles questions, Foster shaking her head softly.

        "I live in a small apartment with my dad," Foster states, knowing that the answer is clearly no.

        "Look," Scott cries out, "we just need to find a place to put him until we figure out what's wrong with him. Or how to help him. Or just as long as he's not dangerous."

        Foster nods in agreement, the town of Beacon Hills flying past them as Stiles lets out a groan of frustration. 

        Stiles cringes, suggesting, "I still say we just kill him."

        Foster's jaw drops, surprised that Stiles would suggest that. Sure, Jackson is a major asshole and she hasn't even known him for a week, but a teenager does not deserve to die when they don't even know what they're doing.

        "We're not killing him!" Scott exclaims, Stiles letting out a sigh of defeat.

        "Gah - " he grunts, letting a hiss slip through his lips. "Okay. . . I got an idea."

        Foster places her head in between the two seats, questioning, "Does it involve breaking the law?" She glances between them, a hesitant look on Stiles' face and Scott rolling his eyes. "It involves breaking the law, doesn't it?"

        "By now don't you think that's a given?" Stiles questions, Foster nodding in agreement considering that they almost got in trouble with the sheriff for being at a crime scene prior.

        Scott shrugs, awkwardly stating, "Maybe she was just trying to be optimistic."

        "Don't be."

✢ ✢ ✢

        Foster shakes her head in disbelief, still shocked that she spent her night stealing a police van with Stiles and Scott. Now she and Stiles walk through the forest, the leaves crunching beneath their feet as the cold air of fall nips at their skin, sending goosebumps down Foster's arms.

        She tugs her jacket down a little so it's over her hands which have gloves on, a scarf wrapped around her neck and a small hat to keep warm. Stiles pulls the back door of the van open, revealing Jackson whom is handcuffed and the chains connect to the floor of the car.

        Foster holds onto the sandwich bag, the duo realizing that maybe he should eat something. Even if he is supernatural.

        During this time she and Stiles are also skipping class, Foster not arguing about it in the slightest. Because of this she now also gets to miss a session with Morrell and a possible encounter with the kid with the skin fetish.

        Stiles peers inside before climbing in, Foster following right behind.

        Foster shuts the door behind them, Stiles starting, "Alright, so we brought you some - "

        Jackson lunges toward the two of them, their backs slamming against the metal wall of the van to keep as much distance between Jackson's hands and their necks.