x. CATCHING FEELINGS

✢ ✢ ✢

        Foster walks alongside Scott down the abandoned alleyway, people here and there passing by them, but in all honesty, there's barely a single soul near them. Foster flicks her hair back, stuffing her hands into her pockets as she and Scott continue to walk down the alleyway, their eyes trained solely on the back of a familiar Whittemore boy.

        The two of them have been following Jackson around nonstop since everything that happened at the school. Almost killing Matt, Erica having a seizure, and the threat of killing them all really put things into perspective for the first time.

        It's almost as though all of this time they had been underestimating their enemy, and now they're the ones who are being defeated. It's almost as though they're taking blow after blow... after blow. Foster's currently no longer on speaking terms with her father, Scott and his mom can barely say a word to one another as well as the fact that he's practically failing all of his classes, Stiles is doing pretty well as of right now, Jackson's practically possessed, and Allison's having her family code practically shoved down her throat.

        Things are no longer fine for any of them. 

        Jackson turns out of the alleyway, Scott and Foster peering around the corner as he falls in line. A long line is in front of a building, a girl sitting in a ticket booth of some sort with bars in front of her as protection. 

        Foster and Scott glance at one another before both nodding in agreement. The two slowly make their way out from the alleyway, watching as Jackson gets to the front of the line. They fall in place at the end, a familiar egg shaped head coming into view.

        The line shifts forward a bit, Scott's eyes widening as Foster fishes around in her pockets for cash. It turns out that they're in line for a rave, everything finally clicking. This is the line for tickets to the secret rave that Foster has been hearing all about. It's practically impossible to get tickets.

        "Matt," Foster hisses, trying not to gain Jackson's attention. Matt turns his head, making eye contact with both Scott and Foster. "How much are tickets?"

        "Seventy five."

        Foster's eyes widen, the blonde glancing toward Scott. She pulls the inside of her jacket pockets out, looking at him in a panic as she shows him that all she has with her is a piece of lint. Scott's eyes widen as well, Matt turning around as the two begin to throw their arms around in question toward one another. 

        They both try to figure out how they're going to get not only one, but two tickets for this rave. In all honesty, they're practically fighting like an old married couple except without the words. The people in line behind them watching in confusion as Foster tries to convince Scott to find a source of money, but he doesn't have anyone. 

        They're each making motions referring to cash, calling someone, and of course, the kanima. So, when either of them make that motion people only get ten times more confused.

        Scott throws his arms out in defeat, looking toward Matt once again, whispering, "Hey, Matt, can I borrow some money?"

        Foster pinches the bridge of her nose, knowing that Matt is not going to be up for lending them one hundred and fifty dollars. There's simply no way.

        "Yeah, sure," Matt agrees, pulling out his wallet and opening it. "How much?"

        "One hundred and fifty."