❪ i. ❫ GOOD TO BE BAD

ابدأ من البداية

"From the North to the South, From the East to the West..." The singing had begun and Scarlett smiled as she hummed the words, exploring the now-empty area as all the kids gathered to the square.

Something clanging on the floor caught her attention, however, as she was about to leave and join the others with the festivities. She stepped further into the residences till she caught sight of someone laying leisurely on a worn-out hammock, face covered with a dark blue beanie.

"Ehem." The following events which followed didn't fail to rouse amusement out of Scarlett, eyeing the now-awake male that rolled out of the hammock in a rush of confusion mixed with gangly limbs attempting to stand up. Said male was one she recognized from long ago.

"Anthony... What are you doing here?" Wondered Scarlett as she eyed the pre-teen in front of her. "Your cousin is already in the square. How come you're still here lazying around?" The usual silence was met with her question, making her curious as to why this kid isn't interested with journeying to Auradon.

"Antho-"

"I won't apply. I can't." The boy cut off, eyes directed downwards with hands buried deep in his pockets. He wouldn't meet the eyes of the girl he'd once ran to whenever his grandmother got too nasty with him, the same treatment not being said for his more favoured cousin, Dizzy.

Anthony Tremaine was a bizarre boy, Scarlett had concluded way back when she was a resident in the Isle. At the ripe age of thirteen, Scarlett had been a constant in his life. Seeing her as his idol at the age of seven. Six years kept them apart but it didn't stop the young boy who kept trailing her till their departure to Auradon.

Scarlett could still remember that he didn't cry, no matter how many times he was cast out by the Tremaine patriarch. It was something Scarlett admired back when she was just a pre-teen girl, who couldn't stand up to the monster she called a mother.

"Why not?"

Pushing the curls of his hair back, Anthony placed the beanie haphazardly back on his head, dusting off his clothes (that seemed tailored just for him despite their ripped fashion) with a sigh. "Because of my mum. She's sick. Has been for a while now. And with Dizzy going, no one will be left to take care of grandma, mum and auntie."

It was no secret to Scarlett that the Isle is a wretched place reserved for Villains and whatever wicked offsprings they're bound to have. But it was also a place they either drink their sorrows, die out slowly or to plot for their revenge.

In Anastasia Tremaine's case, it was the two out of the three.

"And you're sure about this?" Scarlett asked out loud, warily eyeing the young man who looked like he was ready to run any second now just to get away from the conversation.

Anthony only nodded, the blank facade he's used to keeping up returning once again to his face. With a sigh, Scarlett took out a folded paper from her pocket and took five steps closer to the now-frozen Anthony Tremaine, tucking the piece of paper into the breast pocket of his leather jacket.

"Just in case." Patting his shoulder as she continued to walk away from the scene, brushing some hairs out of her face as the sound of cheering from the square got louder with Mal and Evie's opening remarks.

Walking up the stairs of the balcony overlooking the square, Scarlett passed Carlos who she smiled at on the way up. The sounds of countless kids shouting their names to the skies got Scarlett's blood pumping, heat rushing through her as she settled between Evie and Mal.