***********************************************************************************************

"Hey, are you ok?" Anya's voice spilled into Lexa's thoughts.
"I'm fine," Lexa answered as she placed the frame back on to the shelf. "Forget about that one?"
Anya shrugged slightly. "Where have you been?"
"I was having a drink," Lexa replied, "with Clarke, Octavia and Raven."
"Wait, what?" Anya spat, looking as though she had just been slapped.
"So, where are we at now?" Lexa asked as she stepped through the door, closing it behind her and ran her fingers through her hair massaging her scalp.
Anya blinked back into work mode. "Okay. All of your loose ends in Bangkok have been tied up. Your personal belongings, not that there's much, will be here later this week. I've been digging into the amount of real estate that your parents had acquired and I have to say, there's a lot of it."
Lexa nodded as they entered the living room. She already knew that.
"Tracking down all of their bank accounts is proving a little difficult, but not impossible," Anya continued. "Your presence is expected at two board meetings next week and I'm actively setting up video conferences with all of the office heads for you. We can go to dinner once I have that all in order and discuss the details."
"Alright, that sounds excellent," Lexa said as she slipped out of her jacket and loosened the collar of her shit. "Thank you, for everything. I know I hired you as my attorney, but now it's like you've taken on a whole other role."
Anya shrugged. "You need all of the help that you can get."
"I do," Lexa agreed, "and I'll see that you're compensated as well."
"So what, I'm your attorney/assistant, now?" Anya chuckled.
"I guess?" Lexa gave her a confused look.
"I think I like it," Anya walked over to the bar and poured each of them a drink. Turning she handed a glass to Lexa. "Now spill," she said grinning with a cocked eyebrow.
Lexa chuckled lightly. "It was nice, being with them again," she shrugged, "even with Raven being, well, Raven."
Anya flopped down on the couch and smirked. "Did she get a rise out of you?"
"Maybe a little bit," Lexa admitted.
"Well, the girl is good at what she does," Anya nodded approvingly.
"She is," Lexa agreed as she too sat down.
"And, how was it being with Clarke?" Anya probed curiously.
Lexa grinned, feeling that warmth spreading through her once more.
"Say no more," Anya muttered, clearly taking in the grin. "Just remember, she's engaged."
"Hey, I wouldn't do that," Lexa defended quickly. "Besides, we were friends before."
"You mean, before the floodgates burst open and you two realized what we had all been seeing?" Anya shot back. "The sexual tension between you two was always disgusting."
"Yeah, before that," Lexa mumbled, dropping her head back on the couch as her mind went to a night that, said tension, began to spill over the edge a little.

***********************************************************************************************

"Lex?" Clarke's voice filled her ears. "Will you dance with me?"

Lexa turned to see Clarke standing at her side with her cheeks flushed, her eyes sparkling and her barely there dress clinging to her body in all of the right places. Lexa swallowed hard at the sight of her and shook her head. "No," she answered thickly. "I think that I'm going to head home."

Clarke was already a very affectionate person, but she became even more so when she was drinking and Lexa, well Lexa was far too drunk and it had been for too long since she had been with anyone so, no, she would not be dancing with Clarke tonight.

"You can't go," Clarke wined and took her hand. "Come on."
Lexa shook her head again.
"Please," Clarke tried again. "One dance?"
"I'm not dancing, Clarke," Lexa insisted.
Raven smirked. "Sure you're not," she said as poured herself another tequila shot.
Clarke smiled playfully as she took Lexa's other hand. "It's so cute that you think you can resist my powers," she giggled.
Lexa rolled her eyes and sighed in defeat as she picked up Raven's shot and tipped it into her mouth, then motioned to the center of the living room where everyone was dancing.

As they reached the center of the room, Clarke instantly began to move, but Lexa stood frozen. "Dance," Clarke whispered in her ear and without thought Lexa's hands went to Clarke's waist as her hips began to move. Clarke smiled with a glint of satisfaction in her eyes and started to let herself get lost in the music. After a moment, Lexa tried to cleverly slip away, but Clarke wasn't giving an inch, she just held her closer and then spun around, pressing her back to Lexa's front. When Clarke rolled her hips, Lexa thought for a moment that she might actually die, but then Clarke's hand reached around for one of hers, pulling it across her stomach as the other went up around her neck and then, Lexa was sure of it. She was drunk, slightly aroused, and very frustrated. She hated it.

When the song ended Clarke spun back around and wrapped her arms around Lexa's neck. "I'm so drunk," she smiled.
Lexa nodded. "You sound like you did the night that we met," she couldn't help but grin.
"Hey, that was a really good night!" Clarke's eyes went wide. "Though I don't recall getting such a sexy dance with you that night. You're seriously sexy, Lex."
"You really are drunk," Lexa chuckled, shaking her head.
"I am," Clarke admitted. "I should probably go home too."
"Definitely," Lexa agreed with a nod. "I'll find Raven and O for you."

Later that night, Lexa slipped into bed and her phone lit up with a message from Clarke.

Clarke: I can't stop thinking about that dance.
Clarke: It was just so damn sexy.
Lexa: You're very drunk. You should get some sleep.
Clarke: Can't sleep - way too turned on.

The phone slipped from Lexa's hands and flew to the floor. It wasn't unusual for Clarke to make comments like this, what was different this time though, was her basically saying that their dance and by extension, Lexa had turned her on. This had never, ever happened before.

Lexa: Take a cold shower.
Clarke: Did you?

Lexa bit her lip and considered lying.

Lexa: Yes.
Clarke: Fuck...
Lexa: Goodnight, Clarke.

***********************************************************************************************

"Stop thinking about sex with Clarke," Anya's scolding voice broke into her thoughts.
"I wasn't," Lexa insisted instantly. "Not exactly."
"Uh huh," Anya grunted as she got to her feet. "Just remember what I said, okay? Be smart. She's engaged."
"I'm not going to do anything to mess with Clarke's engagement," Lexa told her firmly. "I wouldn't do that. I've already caused her so much pain."
"Hey," Anya's voice was softer this time. "You..."
"Please, don't," Lexa shook her head.
Anya conceded with a small nod. "I'll call you in the morning, okay?" She said as she picked up her jacket.
Lexa nodded. "Thank you, again," she said as she got to her feet.

When Anya was gone, Lexa walked over and stared out the window. She didn't know what this new turn of events meant, if anything at all, but the thought of having Clarke back in her life again – even just as a friend, was comforting and warming. If that's what Clarke wanted, she would do it. She could be her friend.

Right?