Chapter 15: The Promise of Forever

(Third Person Point of View)

Tendou was quietly sitting in front of a table inside the Adventurer's Hall, chatting with Ushijima discussing the plans for their next adventure.

"Say, do you know what the word 'Genuine' means?"
Bokuto appeared in front of Tendou inside the Adventurer's Hall.

"Eh? Bokuto-san? Why are you here?"

Bokuto winked at him. "Don't worry, Chigaya Eikichi-kun got me covered today, as attending to you is more important."

Tendou tilted his head. "What? Why?"

Bokuto just laughs. "Back to my question, do you know what the word 'Genuine' means?"

Tendou held his chin. "uhh, it means sincerely and honestly felt or experienced, and actual or true."

Bokuto shook Ushijima's hand. "And that perfectly describes what this big guy felt for you, doesn't it?"

Both Ushijima and Tendou blushed.

Now Tendou knew, it wasn't Spellbound Affection that made Ushijima love him. He loved him for who he was.

His love was genuine.

"I actually have a present for you, Tendou."
Bokuto held Tendou's cheeks.

"Eh? You didn't have to do that... It's.. Embarrassing, considering it's from someone like you and you're giving it to someone like me."

Bokuto slapped Tendou's cheeks lightly.
"Don't spout such nonsense, kid! Here!"

Bokuto waved a hand and a red-covered book suddenly appeared out of thin air.

Ushijima was shocked, but his facial expression remained stern.
"Bokuto you're--?"

Bokuto waved a hand dismissively.
"It's not important, dear. Look, it's a red book. To match with Tendou's hair."

Tendou read the title.

'The Mage that Made a Change.'

Bokuto blushed sheepishly.
"This book talks about you, and I had Kuroo help me with it. I had narratives from Semi, Goshiki, Reon, Shirabu, as well as Ushijima here. I had copies printed out, you know. Sent a couple ones to the Espeleirian Library as well as the neighbouring cities."

Bokuto pushed the book towards Tendou, and Shirabu, Semi, Reon, and Goshiki suddenly appeared in Bokuto's back.

"Read it to us, Tendou-san!"
Goshiki took a seat and listened attentively.

Tendou read the preface.

"This was the promise of forever."

You may probably think that our protagonist is just like any other Mage out there. Just your normal Mage, who can do spells and such. But he has already lived beyond expectations.

Tendou Satori was a Mage. Him, Ushijima Wakatoshi, Reon Ohira, Goshiki Tsutomu, Shirabu Kenjirou, and Semi Eita belonged to the party, 'The Violet Eagle'. The party that manage to slay a Demon-level Hydra.

Being a great party bore its consequences. Inflicted with the Mages' curse, the Spellbound Affection, Tendou Satori went through hellish pain, believing what everyone showed him were lies. He had to treat his friends bitterly also.

Ushijima Wakatoshi proved him otherwise.

Tendou was blushing as he read on. Ushijima did prove him otherwise.

It turned out what his friends all felt, it wasn't Spellbound Affection, but a genuine one. He deserved it. Tendou Satori deserved to be loved by everyone, because he was special.