40 | breakfast

AMBER WAS in a rush, she didn't know if she wanted to tell him everything, like how she said she loved him? well, after a while. she was afraid to tell chris she met up with logan in the first place, especially since chris has some sort of unspoken hatred towards him.

'amber' she heard from behind her as she walked into the diner. she headed toward the table he sat at. she placed herself in the booth across from him and infront of her was two cups of coffee.

'hey' she said, giving him a warm smile.

'hi' they sat in eachothers awkward silence for a while, each waiting for the other to speak.

'i'm sorry' she said

'for what?'

'not telling you or speaking to you, and for what i'm about to tell you'

'whatever you have to say can't be that bad'

'we'll have to see' she said.

'what is it amber?'

'i just don't want you to hate me'

'no matter what, i can't hate you'

'promise?'

'promise'

'okay, well, a couple days ago, logan text me'

'logan? what? why?'

'let me explain' he nodded.

'he text me saying he missed me and wanted to meet up with me, so i did, just to try and get him off my back and tell him i'll be his friend but that's all' she took a sip of her coffee and a waiter brought two plates of food over.

'sorry, i guessed what you wanted, since you always get this here and we have to be at work soon' she smiled and thanked him.

'anyway, we met up and got to talking, i told him i have no interest in being with him because i'm with you, i'm happy, and he made the decision to kiss her in the first place'

'good, tell him straight' a smile crept up on his face and he reached out and grabbed her hand.

'after a while, we caught up, and he told me that after his mother died, she put a ring on her will, but no one could find the ring, and before we broke up, him and his father found it'

'where is this going?'

'well, to put this straight, he proposed to me' his face immediately dropped and his grip on her hand loosened as he pulled away.

'what, i-'

'chris, i said no' he let out a small sigh of relief. 'as soon as he said that i left, but he followed me out and stopped me, keeping hold of me, he asked if i was happy with you'

'what did you say?'

'i said yes, i told him you make me so happy, happier than he ever could' his smile returned. 'but he said he wouldn't let me go until i told him something'

'what did you have to say' she had to say 'i love him' but she can't admit that yet.

'it doesn't matter, but i hesitated, and he kissed me, i didn't know what to do, so i stood there like an idiot as he kissed me. after a few seconds i pulled away just realising what happened'

'you kissed him?'

'no, he kissed me'

'but you didn't push away'

'chris, don't do this'

'what did he ask you amber?'

'it doesn't matter'

'it obviously does if you can't tell me'

'chris...' he stood up and pulled out his wallet, leaving a tip.

'talk to me when you are ready to tell me, i can't believe you until you trust me'

'please chris, don't do this' her eyes filled with tears and she grabbed his arm, trying to keep him still.

'then tell me' he snapped

'i- i cant'

'then i'll see you later' he walked away and tears spilled out of her eyes before she could realise

A/N
sorry guys please know i CRIED writing this, i'm emotional also apparently some peeps from the cast have stayed in my hotel and i'm so happy