Uno: Baroque IV

After escaping Koichi, Giorno boards the funicular, free as a bird. Or so he thinks.

He takes up a vacant seat towards the back, not that he doesn't have a variety of places to choose from. The funicular isn't even at a fourth capacity, with only a few people scattered about.

Giorno takes the time to open a window and relax with the nice breeze blowing in as the funicular leaves the station.

"Scusami." A soft voice grasps the blond's attention. He turns away from the window to see a woman, whose face is obscured by a sunhat, leaving only her lower face visible, holding onto a sketchbook.

"I know this might seem like an odd question coming from a total, random stranger," She continues. "But would you mind if I sketched you? I haven't had a decent subject in over a week. At least, not one that I've already covered."

Giorno smiles politely in the woman's direction. "Sì. Please, sit." He encourages her to the seat across from him. "Any particular position you would want me in, signora?"

"I find what's natural is the best course in this situation." The woman replies. "Just pretend I'm not even here."

In only mere minutes, with only the sound of the woman's pen scratching against her paper and a comfortable silence shared between them, the pen finally ceases in its quick, fluent movements. "Finito!"

Giorno nearly starts, becoming too comfortable in the silence. He leans in to review the woman's work.

She holds out the sketchbook facing him

She holds out the sketchbook facing him. And it was like looking in a mirror. A black and white headshot sketch, with the only color in it being his turquoise eyes stares back at him. "Sbalorditivo! You are truly gifted, signora."

"Grazie." She turns the sketch back to her. "But it's a shame."

Giorno's head tilts at the woman's cryptic comment. "Why is that?"

"Because this might be the last proof of how your face used to look." The woman's voice suddenly becomes void of any emotion or feeling, which sets off alarm bells in Giorno's head.

The blond tries to make a break for it, but the woman is there in a flash, boxing him in. Her quick movements causing her sunhat to fall from her head, revealing chocolate-skin, green eyes with a medical path covering one, and long rainbow hair. "Now, now. Let's not make a scene." I state.

Giorno narrows his eyes at me. "Just who are you?"

"That's need to know, and right now, you don't." I respond bluntly. "The only thing I want from you is who you sold my associate's luggage and passport you took this morning. Answer me that, and I'll be out of you pretty hair for good."

The blank look in my eyes shows my seriousness. And if he wanted me gone, he'd know what to cough up.

"Signore Armati." Giorno answers after a brief silence.