Uno: Baroque II

The drive to the airport was peaceful and uneventful, but now I was late in picking up Koichi from the airport. The streets have gotten progressively dangerous as of late, that much is fact.

Pulling up to the pickup lane, I exit my car, looking around for the short-statured Japanese student. Out of nowhere, I feel a chill run up my spine and a pull tugs me to look in a certain direction.

There, I spot the familiar teenage boy of short build, with silver, spiked-hair and wearing a plain Japanese student uniform.

But the scene playing out is rather bizarre.

A teal car is being pinned to the street like it's under a much stronger force of gravity than the surrounding area. Koichi stands calmly at the back of said car as a blond stranger in purple exits from the driver's seat.

The blond is a teenage boy of average height and slim yet muscular build and turquoise eyes. He has golden hair of moderate length tied back in a short, braided tail, with three distinctive over-sized curls arranged in a row over his forehead. He wears golden-trimmed pink, two-piece suit with a checkered coat tail and several ornate features, including wing-shaped emblems on the collars and a heart-shaped opening in the chest area. The most distinctive feature on his suit are the three blue ladybug emblems located on either side of his chest and directly below his zipper. And blue shoes.

I couldn't quite hear the words being exchanged between the two, but I had a pretty good hunch what was going on

I couldn't quite hear the words being exchanged between the two, but I had a pretty good hunch what was going on. Scam taxis were, and still are, a common occurrence here in Italy.

Con artists would lure tourists with promises of a cheap deal for rides into the city. Those who bite the bait find themselves robbed of their luggage and left stranded with nothing. And that's most definitely what's happened to Koichi. Only, it appears that the young man was able to catch the thief with what I can guess is a Stand ability judging by the yellow-green aura he's emitting.

His Stand is humanoid in shape and takes the appearance of a robot with metallic striped eyes and human lips. Its body is covered in multiple striped protrusions mimicking human muscles and several of them form a crest at the top of the head. It also has two X-shaped holes on the sides of the head. Around its waist it possesses a cloth similar to shorts with the number 3 printed on the front and boots. And a single long spike protrudes from its behind.