Part One - Chapter Forty-One: Being in Love

“Te amo,” Iker murmured kissing Mia softly, he shifted his weight slightly as he rested on top of her; his hair stuck to his head drenched in sweat as he brushed his lips tenderly against hers.

Mia wrapped her arms lazily around his neck as she kissed him, her heart beating wildly in her chest as she tried to catch her breath; she was going to miss him after next week when she went home.

“I love you too,” Mia whispered brushing her fingers through her hair, she smiled up at him knowing that the last five weeks had been amazing and she was going to miss not being around him all the time.

Iker ducked his head down to press kisses down her neck, it was much too soon for him to repeat what they had just done but he knew that he wouldn’t mind a repeat soon; he rested his head for a moment as he caught his breath.

“What are we doing today?” Mia asked softly as she closed her eyes, she rested her head against Iker’s as he held her close to him.

Iker shrugged his shoulders as he rolled carefully to lay beside his girlfriend, his arms holding her close to him as he pressed kisses into her bare shoulder; he knew that they couldn’t spend all day in bed even if he wanted to.

“Can we not just spend it in bed?” Iker whispered brushing his fingers down her toned stomach, he smiled as he traced her curves knowing that he wanted to be alone with her even just for one day.

Mia laughed softly as she looked at Iker, she watched his face as she wondered how she was going to find the strength to walk away from him when the time came for her to do so.

***

“I’ve been thinking,” Iker said chewing on an apple as he sat down on the edge of his swimming pool and looked at Mia; his brown eyes watched her as she did laps of the pool.

Mia stopped what she was doing and brushed some hair from her face, she was wearing a red padded underwired bikini top and tie side bikini bottoms that she had picked up a couple of days before.

“You know I love you,” Iker said making Mia raise an eyebrow at him, she nodded her head as she moved closer wondering where her boyfriend was going with this.

Mia leant against the side of the pool as her blue eyes looked up at him curiously, in the two weeks since the world cup had ended she had never seen him this thoughtful about their relationship.

“And I want to be there for your birthday… how would you feel if I flew out in November to see you?” Iker asked looking down at Mia as he finished off his apple, he chewed knowing that it would be in the middle of the season but he wanted to be with her when she turned twenty-five.

Iker wanted to prove that this entire relationship wasn’t going to be one-sided for Mia; he was going to work hard to make it work.

“Iker you don’t have to,” Mia said with a shake of her head, she knew that her birthday wasn’t going to be a big deal anyway and she didn’t want him getting into trouble for something that wasn’t important.

Iker shook his head as he brush some water from her face, his fingers trail along her cheek knowing that he didn’t care that he’d be denied time off but he didn’t want Mia constantly coming to Madrid for him when she had a life back in South Africa.

“Amor?” Iker asked concerned as Mia closed her eyes and swallowed heavily, he had noticed that she’d been a little off the last few days and he was starting to worry about her.

Mia shook her head trying to ignore the sudden wave of nausea that swept through her, she wrinkled her nose at the horrible taste that had been left in her mouth as she resisted the urge to puke.

“I’m okay,” Mia said queasily opening her eyes and noticed Iker’s worried look, she knew that it was probably nothing and she had a feeling it was just a summer bug that she had picked up in the last few days.

Iker didn’t believe her for a moment, his fingers moving to her forehead worrying that she was ill; he didn’t want anything happening to her.

“Iker,” Mia said trying to argue, she knew that he thought that she was coming down with something but she was sure it was nothing; she pulled back slightly from him making Iker frown at her.

Mia carefully moved away from the wall, she didn’t want to throw up and her stomach suddenly felt very uneasy.

“Mia come here,” Iker said watching her, he didn’t like that she was resisting him and the last thing that he wanted to do was chase her while she wasn’t feel well.

Mia blinked at the stern tone that she had used, it reminded her of when they had first started dating and she swallowed as she tried to keep back the sexy memories about that time.

“Amelia… do not make me put you over my knee, come here,” Iker said through gritted teeth, his brown eyes watching her as a flush of arousal pass through him.

It had been a long time since he had been dominate with her and he hadn’t realised how much had changed between them. Mia blinked at his words as she stared at Iker for a moment, she didn’t even notice herself moving back towards him until she was stood back at the edge of the pool.

“Gracias amor,” Iker said running his fingers through her hair as he touched her forehead, his brown eyes still watching her concerned knowing that there had to be something wrong.

Mia didn’t feel warm to him and yet she did look a little off; it worried Iker just what could be wrong with her.

“I feel fine,” Mia said resting a hand on Iker’s arm as he carefully moved into the pool water, she wasn’t sure what was going on with her but she passed it off as the signs that she was nearing that time of the month.

Iker nodded his head as he drew his girlfriend close, he ignored the ache in his chest at the thought that maybe there was something wrong.

Iker held Mia close for a moment knowing that there time together was nearly over and in a week’s time that she would be going back to South Africa; he hated that it was going to be over for them so quickly.

Iker was going to have to let her go and Iker wasn’t sure what would happen when she left to go home.

“Don’t think about it,” Mia whispered wrapping her arms around Iker’s waist and closed her blue eyes, she knew what he was thinking since his fingers brushed a trail down her back.

Iker rested his head against hers, he hated that this was coming to an end and how quickly the last two weeks had gone; he was going to fly out to America with the team the morning that Mia returned to South Africa.

“I’m going to miss you so much Mia,” Iker murmured holding her, he knew that this was what they had agreed but it wasn’t making this any easier.

Iker wouldn’t admit it but he was terrified that he would lose his girlfriend and he wished that he could keep her here with him.

Iker knew that it was wrong for him to want Mia to stay especially since he couldn’t ask that of her, she had a life back in South Africa and he couldn’t expect her to give that up for him after five weeks together.

Mia cuddled into Iker’s arms, she would always carry a piece of him with her and she knew that they would fight to make this work more than anything else in their lives.

They had a long road ahead of them and Mia was certain that they would be okay, no matter what happened next for them.