Part One - Chapter Thirty-Five: Spain vs. Netherlands

“Good luck,” Mia whispered brushing her fingers through Iker’s hair, she knew that she would be proud of him no matter what happened but she was sure that he would play well for his team.

Iker ducked his head down and kissed Mia, he was glad that he’d gone to stay with her when he couldn’t sleep; he felt rested and he knew that he was going to need all of his energy for the match.

“Te amo,” Iker said pulling back, he knew that Mia was going to have to leave to get to his seat but he couldn’t help himself; he couldn’t help but smile at her choice to wear his colours.

Mia was wearing a green sleeveless top with drape front and high waist skinny ankle grazer jeans paired with navy trainers, she had decided to wear Iker’s colours instead on the teams.

“I love you too,” Mia said pressing one last kiss to her boyfriend’s lips, she smiled knowing that he was going to win this.

Iker grinned as he brushed some hair from her face, after today they would be going back to Madrid and he was glad that she was coming with him.

Mia stepped back from her boyfriend knowing that she had to leave now, she still had to find her seat and she knew her family would be wondering where she was; Iker had sent them tickets for the final, the moment that Spain had qualified for the match.

“I’ll see you after your have won,” Mia said with a smile, she had no doubt in her mind that Iker would be able to do this, she knew that the team were good enough to win the final.

Mia watched her boyfriend grin before she walked away, she knew that tonight was a big night for Iker and she was going to be here for him; she was sure that they could win the tournament.

***

Rosie frowned at the sight of her sister, she had promised her father that she would behave for Mia’s sake but she didn’t want her friend to get hurt; she had seen it before and she didn’t wish to see it again.

“Hello,” Mia said smiling at her family, she knew that they were all excited for the match and she didn’t blame them; if Spain were to win the tournament then it would be their first world cup title and she knew how much it would mean to everyone on the team.

“How have you been?” Danny asked moving to talk with his youngest daughter, he knew that Rosie meant well but he was sure that Mia was fine; she had always been a fighter and he knew that if anything was wrong then she would say.

Mia smiled as she glanced at her sister, she could sense that something was off with Rosie and she had a feeling that it had something to do with Iker.

Rosie hadn’t warmed to the footballer especially after what had happened with his parents; Mia just hoped that this wasn’t going to cause them any problems later on.

“I’m good… nervous, but fine,” Mia said nodding her head, she wasn’t going to say anything but she had a feeling that she wouldn’t have to.

The family quickly moved to take their seats as the teams made their way onto the pitch; Rosie made sure that she was sat beside her sister knowing that she wanted to talk to her.

Danny looked at his oldest hoping that she wouldn’t say something that she shouldn’t, the last thing that he wanted was the sisters to fall out.

Mia had always been supportive of Rosie and it was time Rosie did the same and not just being protective.

“Don’t,” Mia warned glancing at her sister, she knew what Rosie was going to say but her sister knew nothing of what had happened between her and Austin and she didn’t want Rosie meddling in stuff that she didn’t understand.