Chapter 48 You Are Mine

Start from the beginning

No matter what I said, that silly smile was still on the emperor's face. Tian Bing Qing and E Huang looked at me with big smiles, looking really pleased. I pointed angrily at them, "Go! Go! Go! All of you only know to flatter His Majesty to get rewards!"

Both of them laughed out loud, even Feng Zhao Wen ended up laughing with them.

When everyone else had left, I paced around Zhong Hua Hall to try and take everything in. Then, I turned to His Majesty for confirmation, "The physician said I am pregnant?"

He laughed happily while nodding.

I paced again before turning to him, "I am going to be a mother?"

"It's 'imperial mother'. 'Imperial mother,'" the guy who was laughing like a lunatic corrected me.

In my opinion, this was an indescribably joyful thing... Only now did I understood the meaning of joy, perhaps I was even sillier than His Majesty.

I swooped over to him, scaring him as he outstretched both hands to keep me still, "Be careful! Be careful!" He wrapped me into his chest, "Be a little more careful!"

I looked up and could not help from giggling like an idiot, "Your Majesty, I believe there is something you didn't know."

He looked silly and lost, unlike the usually sharp and imposing him. "What is it?"

I felt a little embarrassed, as though I was lying to him, "My Father married only my Mother in his entire lifetime. The An menfolk aren't allowed to take concubines. As for those wanting to marry the An womenfolk, unless things go wrong, they too are not allowed to take concubines."

Actually, Father did not put it to me that way.

Father once told me that I must always grasp the things that I owned and the people that I liked. I must never loosen my grip and hand them over to other people.

Father also told me that if the person that I liked was unfaithful, that means that the person belonged to another person. Grasping him in my palm would be useless. I must quickly let go of him and catch another person home.

Between men and women, choices usually had their own reasoning.

Nowadays, I started believing Father more and more. Using the clan rules and menfolk and womenfolk was only to make it sound a little better.

His Majesty's mood was really good today, he actually opened his golden mouth and said, "Granted!"

After that, things became busy. Waves and waves and people came to congratulate us; noble madams and members of the imperial family..... All in all, people I did and did not know came over to congratulate us. Zhong Hua Palace was so noisy and lively that it hurts my head. Nowadays, I could not bear the smell of oil and I kept vomiting more and more after days passed. The imperial physician had to run a couple of trips in one day to Zhong Hua Palace because of me. In the end, the emperor forbade anyone from entering Zhong Hua Hall and my world finally calmed down again.

When An Le came with the little miss in tow, I was pushing a couple of light dishes away. My entire body felt so weak.

He was grinning happily as he stepped forward, "Congratulation, jiejie!" Then, he turned to face the little miss and said, "Why aren't you coming over to congratulate jiejie?"

The little miss' face was red as she unwillingly knelt, "Xiao Wu greets jiejie."

I stared at him, dumbfounded. What were they playing at?

He looked a little uneasy before he laughed shadily, "This girl made things hard for this Marquis for half a year. Now, this Marquis plans to makes her pay for it for the rest of her life."

What he meant by that was marrying her?

In my opinion, I became a lot dumber after I got pregnant.

After I sent them away, I watched their retreating backs from the door of Zhong Hua Hall. I remembered years ago, how happy he was when he was standing at this very spot, watching me as I went home. Now, the situation had reversed. Him who lived in the Marquis of An's Manor seemed to live an easygoing life. One could never predict life.

A gentle-looking man led a group of imperial guards nearby. When they passed me, he knelt on the ground, "This official, Yan Ping, greets Your Ladyship. Congratulation, Your Ladyship." The other men who were wearing armors behind him were also kneeling.

Imperial guards usually would not kneel; they probably did this time because I was carrying the dragon seed.

(TN: Dragon seeds refer to an emperor's pre-born child.)

It had been a long time since I last thought about this man. Ever since I got married, I only knew to spent quality time with His Majesty behind the locked doors of Zhong Hua Hall. I did faintly remember seeing him going here and there while on duty during sacrificial day.

Anything before that seemed so hazy and distant.

At night, His Majesty returned to Zhong Hua Palace and changed into a regular robe. He caressed my stomach, something he seemed to had taken as a hobby lately. He looked so satisfied. I traced after his hand and got into my recent hobby, that was complaining about the food I kept on getting lately. The food from the imperial kitchen tasted so bad, even the smell of them wanted to make me vomit. I, then went on and on about how they didn't take me, this empress, seriously.

His eyes turned fierce, he looked like he was about to attack them. I looped my hands around his neck and buried my head into his chest, "Never mind, just leave them be. Let's give them a chance to make up for their error."

He pinched my nose and rubbed my cheeks before wrapping his arms around me, "It is hard, isn't it?"

My tears suddenly flowed. I gave his shoulder a good bite, "I cannot even smell all the things I liked eating in the past. They make me want to vomit. This is all your fault..."

He glared at me in shock, "You dared to bite zhen?" His Majesty probably never received this kind of treatment before.

I showed him my flat stomach and tearfully glared at him, "You are mine! I can bite you whenever I wanted to!"

He seemed a little pathetic as he offered me his arm, looking so aggrieved, "Alright, alright. You can bite if you want!"

Life was peaceful and good.