Chapter 48 You Are Mine

Honestly, nobody liked a paratrooper.

The empress dowager held control over the harem for over a decade and the emperor suddenly dispatched me, a paratrooper to steal her power away. That probably angered her so much. The Head of Imperial Physician had to go in and out of Yi Ning Palace many times. She drank bird's nest soup everyday but even that could not help her deteriorating health that was caused by loneliness. She would always threw tantrum and got upset over the smallest things.

In the end, the emperor got impatient and announced to the entire world that the empress dowager kept thinking about the late emperor and would go to recuperate in Bao Ji Temple for the time being.

Bao Ji Temple was an old imperial monastery; it usually housed concubines who were not favored or did not have any children. After Xiao Huang's imperial father died, his foster mother basically packed all of his father's favored consorts away and shoved them there.

After the Great Qi took over the Great Chen, they also took over the imperial monastery.

In the imperial families, there were always a lot of women who were not favored and childless, and that place was basically reserved for them.

When the news spread, the first one to react was Princess Min An, the empress dowager's biological daughter. When her mother was ill, she was there by her bedside, taking care of her. At the moment, she rushed into Zhong Hua Palace, looking angry and confrontational.

"Imperial brother, are you really that impatient to let this woman take imperial mother's place? Forcing her to hand over power is not enough, now you want to kick her out to Bao Ji Temple?"

Her finger almost stabbed my nose with the way she was pointing at me.

Tian Bing Qing and E Huang helplessly chased after her from behind. They could only beg for mercy, "Your Majesty, Your Ladyship, we already tried our best to stop the princess."

Feng Zhao Wen waved his arm at E Huang and Tian Bing Qing and they both obediently retreated.

We were coincidentally preparing to eat our lunch. Various delicacies lined the table, looking tantalizing and inviting. As everybody knew, this empress' dining etiquette was forged in the military barracks, completely unpleasant, visual-wise.

Feng Zhao Wen said that my table manner would embarrass him if it spreads out, so whenever we ate, no servant was allowed to be with us.

I calmly pushed aside the jade finger that was pointing towards me and picked up a piece of spicy shrimp before eating it. The emperor's face darkened next to me.

He was angry now, really really angry.

However, since that anger was not directed to me, I might as well just obediently ate my rice. I stretched out to take a piece of fish meat that was placed in front of him. The moment I smelled the fishy scent, I lost my appetite as the urge to gag suddenly rose. I guess, people was right, it really was unpleasant when you were trying to eat in front of someone angry.

Princess Min An pointed at me indignantly, "Shu biaojie was right when she said you are not a good person!"

(TN: Biaojie is elder female cousin.)

I tried to restrain the desire to puke and drank the hot tea that Feng Zhao Wen fed me before smiling at her while nodding, "Consort De is right, bengong has never been a good person!"

Being a good person was really tiring and would only implicate oneself in the end.

The emperor looked at me happily before he trained his phoenix eyes on Princess Min An, gradually turning cold, "Somebody come, it is time for Princess Min An to get married. She can prepare for her marriage in the palace. Once zhen picks a good husband for her, she will get married in the coming year."