Chapter 9 - Who Is Whose Calamity

That youth got closer and closer, his neat brows and bright eyes all seen very clearly. At last, he was under the tree. Raising his head, he gave the glass palace lantern a glance. There was a breath of cold laughter, containing endless cynicism. With impatience on his face, he raised his voice and shouted: "An Yi, is this your treacherous scheme? Since you've already called me here, why shrink back, not daring to show your face?"

Xiao Huang always has an imperial servant attending at his side. Coming here, to this empty and quiet place, naturally he'd realize that it was me.

Step by step, I slowly strode out from within the tree's shadow, lowering my head and standing before him. I was momentarily short of breath, and could only feel ashamed of my inferiority while standing next to this jade-like youth. My heart nearly jumped out from its cavity.

The youth before me however, would never think of my perspective. He sneered slightly: "An Yi, since you've called me here, there must be some kind of matter?"

I shook my head, quickly raising it for a peek. Really, the frosty ice that filled his eyes made one hate not being able to scoop one's heart out, offering it before him, hoping to melt away that coldness within his eyes.

"Since there is nothing, I will leave!" Once said, he directly turned his body, intending to leave.

I became anxious. Having racked my brain to come up with this scheme and deceive him into coming here, how could I give up this beautiful scenery. Once anxious, I instantly forgot the rules that he had established, reaching out my hand to firmly grasp his sleeve. I stammered: "The peach blossoms....bloomed very beautifully. I thought to....I thought to call you here and appreciate the flowers......."

"It is the middle of the night. Who could make out whether or not they bloomed beautifully? Your mind is truly unfathomable, huh?" His one cold sentence stifled the bellyful of words I had still wanted to say.

With a boom, my face heated up......Carefully considering everything a thousand times, I had unexpectedly forgotten to think about how flowers could be appreciated at nighttime? How could it still be possible to see this forest's bright-brocade-and-red-cloud appearance?

Before I could think it through clearly, my leg felt a sudden pain. Immediately afterwards, my body flew up, and with a putong sound, fell into the lake beside the peach blossom forest. A word, a sentence, in an extremely refined voice, that youth at the lakeside said: "An Yi, have you indeed forgotten the rule I established? I don't mind helping you sober up in the lake!" Once said, he turned around and left, his spotlessly white garments bringing out the deathly paleness and icy coldness of the moonlight.

–Losing my head over lust, I would frequently make mistakes in front of him. In a moment of desperation, fearing that he would leave, I had forgotten that ever since he grew physically taller, his martial arts had also reached heights beyond me. Soon afterwards, he strictly prohibited me from pulling or clinging onto him. Even if it was just a corner of his clothes, I would still suffer a beating.

Although it was the end of spring, the lake's water was extremely cold. Shivering uncontrollably, I crawled out from the lake. For a moment, I just sat there, dazedly, on the lake shore, feeling my entire body soak in the unbearable coldness of the night. Looking around, not a single person was seen, so I let my hair down, wringing out the water. Untying my outer robe and inner garments, I wrung them out too. As I was about to drape them back over myself, I heard someone give a low laugh from inside the peach blossom forest. An extremely magnetic male voice spoke: "Xiao Tian, at first, I had thought that the younger generation of great Chen's nobility were fond of playing with homosexuality. Unexpectedly however, it is the beautiful infatuation of a tender beauty ah. This Yan youth really doesn't know how to be caring towards the fairer sex!"