Chapter 48 You Are Mine

Start from the beginning

Princess Min An would be 16 years old this year. She was the late emperor's favorite child, she could be considered as the innocent and sheltered type. Her eyes were red as she glared at Feng Zhao Wen, "You dare? Without imperial mother's permission, you cannot decide my marriage as you please!"

In the end, Princess Min An lost. On the day the empress dowager was sent out, she was locked in her palace, crying. In the end, she was not able to change the emperor's mind.

The emperor brought me to stood in Dan Feng Gate and paid our respect to the empress dowager. His Majesty put on an expression of deep affection for this stepmother of his, as though he was unwilling to part from her. Every single word he said was uttered crisply and could be heard by the ministers behind us, "This son's health has been bad ever since this son was young, had it not been for imperial mother's care when this son was ill back then, this son will not be here today. This son is grateful for imperial mother's care and grace. Now that imperial mother has decided to go to Bao Ji Temple for spiritual purposes, this son will help find a good husband for imperial sister to repay imperial mother's kindness...."

Such sonorous words...

I felt like gritting my teeth when I heard him.

The empress dowager did not say much, she only said something that I found pretty obscure, "It is best if imperial son does as what you just said you will."

Did the stepmother and stepson came up with an agreement?

The door of the empress dowager's palanquin was closed, so I had a hard time figuring out what she was saying, Since I could not see her face, I could not tell if she was happy or sad. There was just a faint, inexplicable feeling added with a hint of desolateness.

After the empress dowager's phoenix carriage was far away, the emperor and I returned to Zhong Hua Palace. By now, his face was already full of joy and he didn't even bother to hide it. He instructed people to bring in food; he even excitedly watched me picking up my favorite pastry.

This kind of expression was really rare for him. I carefully inspected the pastry, refusing to eat it no matter what.

"Your Majesty, don't tell me you poisoned this pastry?"

His expression became strange and messy at the same time. That handsome man looked at me helplessly. In the end, he gently flicked my forehead, "Idiot, when did you last had your period?"

I didn't really pay much attention to things like that.

My face immediately turned red as I stared at him dumbfoundedly; I could not believe that an emperor who was busy with so many things would pay attention to things like that. I really wanted to make fun of him but could not bring myself to say anything.

15 minutes later, the physician came by to check my pulse. He appeared delighted, "Congratulation Your Majesty, Your Ladyship. The pulse indicates that Your Ladyship is pregnant!"

Tian Bing Qing and E Huang led a number of servants to kneel, congratulating us.

There was a silly smile on His Majesty's face before he rewarded the physician with an inkstone, straight from his desk. That old head that loved inkstone knelt in joy, thanking him profusely, while my heart ached for that inkstone.

That old head actually managed to obtain two of them; one through a fair route and the other through bribery.

I pulled over His Majesty who was smiling happily before frugally advising him, "From now on, you must not simply reward people with precious objects. People will take you for a fool. They will do things expecting to be rewarded heavily next. You normally looks very smart, Your Majesty, why did you become stupid when you are happy?"