Chapter 45 Granted

Start from the beginning

E Huang was appointed as my supervisor, she would follow me wherever I go.

In my opinion, His Majesty's heart was extraordinarily small. Xiao Huang and I grew up together; we ate from the same bowl and slept on the same bed. 'Maintaining distance between men and women' was a little too late by now.

I had learned to be obedient these days. Opening my mouth and arguing with him would be pointless, so I simply took everything in.

Uncle Tong and Xiao Huang accepted my return in joy. The little miss on the other hand, appeared disheartened as she followed Xiao Huang closely from behind.

E Huang stepped forward to greet him, "E Huang greets the Marquis!"

Only then did I realized that Feng Zhao Wen had fulfilled his promise to me. It was only because of me that he changed his mind and spared Xiao Huang's life.

I turned to E Huang, telling her I want to return to the palace to thank His Majesty. E Huang turned around and whipped out a brush before writing, 'A day is like three autumns for Her Ladyship when His Majesty is not around. She has only returned to her maiden home and she already wanted to return to the palace to be with His Majesty.' After she finished writing that, she handed the paper over to a guard who was riding a horse.

She..... Just what was wrong with her sense of perception?

His Majesty's reply was a lot simpler, 'Granted'.

E Huang wept tearlessly as she handed the paper to me, asking how she should answer to that.

How was it possible for me to wait for the wedding procession in the palace?

After getting teased by me, she sat on top of a little stool near my bed and whipped out a brush again. I went over to look at what she wrote, 'Her Ladyship has taken her lesson seriously after copying books. Although she yearned greatly for Your Majesty, she does not wish to go against the rules. She just wished for a token of love from Your Majesty to curb her yearning.'

I gritted my teeth as I twisted her ear, this girl was acting on her own whim.

When Feng Zhao Wen's reply came, the content was very simple, 'Granted.' His inner cloth was sent along with the letter.

I hugged his inner clothing and sighed, "My reputation is marred."

E Huang blinked at me in confusion, "Your Ladyship, your reputation was never clean."

I accepted the tonic she gave me and finished it in one shot. I felt really bad for myself. Never mind the fact that I was about to marry an unreliable man, even the people around me were unreliable. Would I be able to endure the coming days?

Now, the An Residence had been turned into the Marquis of An's Residence. Every day, our manor was frequented by people of esteemed status. Uncle Tong was used to peace and quiet. Even the Marquis of An Le was not happy with the disturbance. There were armed guards outside the entrance so it was hard for people to get in. E Huang would look out of the window and would tell me all about our visitors, "That is the Minister of Rite..... That is the Vice-Minister of Military Affairs..... The one who just walked away is the Chief Minister of the Court of Judicial Review....."

The entire lane was filled with carriages, prompting my neighbors to look out of their doors.

Xiao Huang offered an idea after telling the little miss to make him tea, "Jiejie, those people came while bearing gifts. Why don't we open the door for them so they can hand over their gifts?" The little miss looked really miserable when she came over.