ch - 2

it was now morning, and in the abandoned building, the figure laid asleep, dried tears that streamed down her face from crying all night long. The smell of copper filling the air. 

"mmh.." Mumbled the female, eyes fluttering open with blurred vision at first. The morning rays, peeking through the boarded up windows. The ghoul finnaly awoke. 

"morning already..." She murmured tiredly, rubbing gently at her swollen eyes from constant crying.

 Getting up onto her feet, the ghoul inspected her clothes. They were stained red from head to toe, blood splattered on her like paint. "I need to..change.." Again she spoke out, more so to herself, a bad habit this ghoul had, speaking out her thoughts. 

Stripping herself of any clothes but her underwear and vest, she discarded the stained clothes aside. Lucky enough, in her bag of scavenged bits, she was able to have a spare change. Putting them on, the ghouls attire was different, though the clothing were too big for her petite figure. 

"This'll have to do for now" Sighing, now that was to be taken care of was her hands, and the remains of blood that coated her pale white skin. 

Across the room,there was a puddle due to there being a hole in the ceiling. Dragging the heels of her feet along the wooden flooring, the female kneeled in front of the puddle. Dipping her hands into the shallow rain water. Slowly, her bloody hands were now clean, she scooped the water into the hands, splashing it onto her face for the remains of blood that were still evident. 

With that taking care of, it was now time for the ghoul to face into the daylight. 

Cautiously taking a step outside, the young ghoul closed the door from behind as it creaked. Walking out from the alley, she was greeted by the many stares of humans. All sending her the odd look, probably because of her attire. To be honest, she looked similar to a tramp. 

Walking along the busy streets. The first thing that crossed her mind was something to ease her appetite. She couldn't hunt in broad daylight, that would be outrageous. Her other solution was to go to a coffee shop but that required money, something she didn't have as of right now. 

Looking ahead. She spotted a victim, he looked as though he'd be carrying dough on him. She then quickly set off in walking up to him. But, not to beg, the young ghoul knocked into his side, reached into the pocket of his blazer, and to her luck stole his wallet with little to no effort. 'Yes!' she mentally thought; cheering to herself.

Though that was a success. The ghouls next problem was finding a place she could find coffee at. Sniffing at the air in hope to catch the sent of coffee. She had no luck, so she carried out in walking around the 20th ward idly in hopes maybe she'll find a place.

 Softly sighing. he head hanged, the ghoul had given up on finding a coffee shop. Lifting her head up. She miraculously found herself in front of a shop which went by the name of "Antei..ku..?" Whiffing at the air once more. The smell of coffee was prominent. 

She stepped inside the shop, looked around  and was met with a another young female with short hair, her fringe covering a portion of her face.

"Welcome to Anteiku" She spoke. "Please take a seat--" She paused, eyeing at the ghoul iffy. 

The baggy clothed ghoul blinked, looking quite nervous. 

"Sorry about that. I mean, please take a seat- anywhere you like".

"O-Ok..." With a shaky voice, she replied and took a seat at the far corner of the room.

"Hmm..." Touka stared at the customer, suspecting something rather off about the being. Something troubling was written all over her. She seemed to radiate an ominous aura and Touka didn't like it one bit. "A Ghoul.." She muttered.

"Huh? Did you say something Touka?" Ken asked.

But Touka ignored Kaneki. Walking on over to the suspicious female with a pad in her hands. "May i take your order?" She smiled kindly. 

"Um..c-coffee, please.." Spoke the other, her voice barely audible. 

"Certainly" Turning on the step, Touka went to prepare the coffee. 'definitely a ghoul...' she said in thought. 

Shortly after, Touka returned. "Here you go". Placing the coffee onto the table before she walked away and behind the counter of the shop.

Sipping at her coffee, the young ghoul let out a satisfied sigh ' this hits the spot~' she said in thought.

It didnt take too long for the ghoul to finish up the rest of the bitter liquid. Getting up from her seat, the ghoul walked up to the counter to pay her bill. And again she was greeted by Touka. 

"Already finished?" She smiled. 

"m-mhm" Nodded the other. 

"That'll be *insert amount* yen"

Handing over a 1000 yen note, Touka gave back the correct change and even a receipt . Though, something had been written on it with red pen. "Are you a ghoul?" It wrote.