Chapter 16

"Rain! I can't believe he did that! If it makes you feel better I don't like him anymore" Sunny said as I walked into the door. I smiled and hugged her. I rubbed her back and sighed.

"No, don't stop liking him because of what happened. It was my fault we broke up, not his" I responded and she nodded.

"Hey bitch" Sky greeted as he hugged me. I smirked and pulled away from him.

"Hey asshole" I cursed and then we heard mom and dad scold us from the living room.

"Hey everyone!" I greeted as I walked into the living room. My parents stood up and hugged me. After my reunion with my parents I picked up Thunder.

"Hi, I missed you" I cooed and he giggled. I smiled and put him back down in his crib. I'm so glad I'm home.

I was sitting in my room watching videos that were recaping Shawn and I's fake relationship and I felt my heart melt. We were a cute fake couple and the relationship I had with him besides the negative stuff was everything I've wanted in a relationship. A cute guy with eyes that reminded me of a proud golden retriever that walked around the house protecting his pack. I was glad it was over but at the same time I felt a pang in my heart. I turned my phone off and started unpacking. 

While I was taking the presents out that I got for my family I found one of Shawn's sweatshirts. Well it wasn't a sweatshirt, it was a hockey jersey type thing that said 'Mendes' on the back with the number '98' on the back. I had worn it on a day off from tour. We walked around Washington D.C and I had boxer braids in my hair. That day was really fun. We went to a spa and got massages and facials. 

"I miss it" I muttered as my eyes watered. Wait a minute, did I just say that I miss Shawn Mendes? The Shawn Mendes, the guy that I am destined to hate? There is no way in hell that I miss that cutie. 

"Why the fuck am I crying?" I asked as I sat down on my bed. I played with the fake engagement ring on my middle finger. Sky walked in and saw me crying. 

"Cry baby" he muttered and I rolled my eyes. 

"Sky, why does it hurt so bad?" I asked knowing that he's gone through breakups before. This isn't a breakup but it felt like one.

"What hurts so bad?" Sky wondered as he sat down next to me. I looked away from him regretting asking the question.

"Wait a minute, did you fall in love with him? Did you break the contract?" he asked and I giggled.

"I don't love him and the contract ended. There's a difference" I answered and he smirked.

"You love him" he teased and I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"I miss him" I admitted and Sky smirked.

"You see, there is a fine line between love and hate. If you miss him, you've crossed that line" he responded and I shook my head.

"I miss having someone to hate" I muttered and he chuckled.

"You can still hate him but you fell in love with him, that's why you miss having someone to hate" he explained and I shook my head. 

"I don't love Shawn, you're wrong" I snapped and he sighed.

"Suit yourself Rainy" Sky teased as he left the room. My heart twinged, Shawn used to call me that. I took the note out and read it over again.

"Sky wait" I said and he turned around and looked at me. I would never expect to tell anyone this but here it goes.

"The night before I left, I was outside of a resturant and some guy came up to me. I knew he was going to rape me but Shawn came out of no where and made the guy go away. I don't know if that's why I miss him or not" I explained and he smiled.

"Maybe, you fell in love with each other" Sky suggested and then he left. I don't love Shawn, impossible. You can never love someone you hate.

^^^^

"I brought gifts" I beamed as I ran down the stairs and into the living room. Someone paused the TV and Sunny looked at me happily. I smiled and took out a sweatshirt that said 'Seattle' on it and handed it to my dad. My dad smiled and thanked me. I gave my mom a snowglobe from Texas for her snowglobe collection. She was really happy. I gave Sky a couple of plane tickets to go see his girlfriend before college starts up again. He smiled at me and Sunny looked at me. I gave Thunder the blanket I got him that was from Chicago. His thank you was a cute giggle. I smiled and looked at the ring on my hand and then looked at Sunny. I took the fake engagement ring off and handed it to her.

"Rain, I never thought you would let me have this" Sunny muttered and I smiled at her. 

"Well luckily enough I'm the best sister you could have" I responded and she smiled and hugged me. Then there was a knock on the door, I got up and answered it.

"Alex!" I beamed as I hugged him. He squeezed me and I smiled.

"I'm sorry about the break up but I came to invite you to a party that's going on in about an hour. It might lift your spirits" Alex said and I nodded.

"Text me the details and I'll be there" I responded and he kissed my cheek.

"Good, I'll see you soon" he stated and then he left. I closed the door and went up to my room. God, I can never catch a break but maybe that's good. This party is giving me a chance to distract myself from everything that's happened and really be able to live it up.