Two

Kai

I loved sleeping in on weekends. It was just nice to not have anything to do after a long week of having things to do. I finally woke up at around ten, but only because my dog thought it'd be a good idea to jump up on my bed and drown my face with his nasty tongue kisses.

"Okay, okay," I said, slightly chuckling as he wagged his tail with excitement. "I'm up, okay? I'm up." I sat up and petted his head gently. "Alright, let's get up," I said before he sprinted off my bed and out the door. I stretched as I sat on the edge of my bed. I sleepily walked out into the living room and then into the kitchen for a glass of orange juice.

"Morning," a voice said, causing me to practically jump out of my skin. I turned my head to see Sehun standing there with a smug smile.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?" I asked, trying to calm my heart down.

"I was going to knock but I figured you'd be asleep, so I kind of didn't," he said. I glared at him. "I just needed your help with planning this party. I've literally managed to dig myself in a hole."

"Why don't you ask your brother? I mean, it is his expectations you have to live up to," I suggested.

"Hyung won't help me," he whined, making a pouty face. "He is too busy with college and being popular--still. God definitely has favorites." I sighed a little as I took another sip of my drink, just staring at him. "Please Kai. You're the only person I can depend on anymore," he pleaded, tugging at my arm like a child. I raised an eyebrow at him as he curled his bottom lip over and continued pulling on my arm. This continued for about another minute because I wanted to see just how desperate he was.

"Fine," I sighed in defeat. He smiled and detached himself from my arm.

"We should start now because it's next weekend and I'm running out of motivation," he said.

"Okay, but let's do it over breakfast or something. I can't think on an empty stomach," I replied, running back up to my room to get changed and grab my stuff. 

Kyungsoo

"That's not fair! You guys cheated," Tao whined after our intense game of bowling and on our way to the frozen yogurt place.

"Tao, it's not called cheating, it's called having skills. You should try it sometime," Chanyeol said from beside me. 

"I may not have the skill to get three strikes in a row, but I do have the skills to beat your ass, so you better watch your back," he replied, earning a laugh from us. 

We headed inside after that, Chanyeol holding the door open for all of us, and took turns getting our cups of frozen yogurt and paying. 

"So are you guys going to the party next weekend?" Chen asked once we were all seated outside, taking up a couple of tables.

"Wait, you mean the one at Sehun's place?" Lay asked in clarification, earning a nod from Chen in response. "Definitely. I heard it's supposed to be awesome."

"Me too," Luhan added in from the very end of the long table. "It's been all anyone's been able to talk about for weeks."

"Well, I'm definitely going. I will not miss out on that," Tao said as he ate. "Chanyeol, you should go too. You know, socialize. Meet new people."

"I think I'll pass," Chanyeol said. "I don't consider getting completely and utterly shit-faced fun."

"Lame but okay. D.O, you at least have to go," Lay said, making me look up as I chewed.

"Huh?" I said, still chewing a little on a gummy bear.

"It'll be a great experience for you to discover basically what college will be like. Except with less work," he explained.

"Yeah, come on D.O, please. I'm not going by myself," Tao said, looking directly at me.

"Didn't Chen and Lay say they were going?" I asked, still not sure if I even wanted to go.

"Yeah, but they are going earlier than I'll be ready."

"What about Luhan? I'm sure he can keep you company." 

Luhan faced us with a sort of surprised expression. "What about me? Who am I keeping company?" he asked, earning a chuckle from a couple of us.

"The party next weekend. You going?" Chen repeated.

"Nope," he said, moving his eyes back down to his yogurt.

"Really?" Chen asked. "I didn't think you'd pass up a chance to see Xiumin."

"Minnie is gonna be there?" he asked, suddenly interested. He had been best friends with Xiumin since he moved to Korea in primary school, but they hadn't had much time to hang out since junior year started. "Then why didn't you tell me that? I'm definitely going."

"See, there's your date," I said to Tao.

"But he just said it! He's practically gonna be attached to Xiumin's hip and I'll still be alone," he whined. I rolled my eyes and put another spoonful of yogurt in my mouth. "Think about it, when is there ever going to be another time when you get the chance to go to a big party without an invitation?" 

I just looked at him and he raised his eyebrows. I wanted to go for the experience sure, but I tended to agree with Chanyeol more on these things. I just wasn't interested in being around a bunch of drunk and high teenagers. But Tao looked so pitiful and anyway if I didn't enjoy myself, I figured I could at least be there to make sure they didn't get too wasted or do anything stupid. I let out a gust of air in defeat, earning a few claps from Tao. I turned to Chanyeol who was just shaking his head at me.

"Don't be a debbie downer, Yeollie," I said, wearing a smile and gently bumping into him. He cracked a smile after a while.

"I'm not, it's just I don't want anything bad to happen to you," he said seriously, poking around at his yogurt with his spoon.

"Then you can be our designated driver," Tao suggested excitedly. Chanyeol just rolled his eyes in response.

"No way," he said. "I'm not risking the seats of my new car getting puked all over."

"We will try not to drink too much. Come on, if you don't want one of us to die from drunk driving you should do it." There was a silence as Tao and Chanyeol just stared at each other, Tao inflicting his look on him.

"Fine, but you better be ready as soon as the party is over," he said, pointing his finger at us all. "Just try not to get too wasted, Soo. I need at least one of you to be able to see the time properly."

"Yes mother," I said sarcastically.

"And don't call me that," he said, getting a laugh from everyone. 

In the passing days, the more I had time to think about it, the more I found myself anticipating the party. Nothing that bad could come out of trying something new, could it?