Chapter 2

"But the sun's gonna shine and everything's gonna be alright. And one day when you're looking back on this life. All the pain and the heartache and the hurting will finally feel worth it." - Rachel Potter.

--xxxxxx--

Katherine and Amy were sitting in the kitchen when Lisa entered the next morning. She was wearing a baggy hoodie and her hair was a mess. 'You look like you had a great night's sleep.' Amy commented.

'Mmmmm.' Lisa said down and immediately put her head on the table.

'Bad dreams?' Katherine asked.

'Yeah.' Lisa admitted. 'My stupid new power kept killing people.' Lisa told them, she raised her head. 'So I just stopped trying to sleep.'

'You need to sleep Lise.' Katherine said. 'And you need to go back to work. It's been a week.'

'No, I can't go back until I have this under control. What if I flip out and hurt Roger?'

'He's a demon.' Amy reminded her. 'I'm sure he'll be fine.'

'Oh please, I'm more demon than Roger.' Lisa said. 'He wouldn't hurt a fly.'

'But your power has only turned up once. And it was a pretty dire situation.' Amy reminded her.

'Maybe stress is what brings it on?' Katherine suggested.

'So I need to be stressed every time I want to use it?' Lisa wondered.

'No but until you find your own, conscious trigger, stress is probably the only way to make it happen again.' Katherine said.

'We'll be with you the whole time, like I promised.' Amy said.

'No, I'm going to lock myself in the basement until I get the hang of it.' Lisa said.

'Yeah, that sounds healthy.' Katherine sipped her tea. 'We have dinner with dad tomorrow night by the way.'

'Katherine.' Lisa whined. 'I don't want to go.'

'Nobody wants to go.' Katherine told her. 'But we're all going.'

'Who made you the boss?' Lisa asked.

'Do you want to keep track of our bills?' She asked.

'No thanks.' Lisa said.

'Exactly. I'm the boss.' Katherine said firmly.

'Fine.' Lisa gave in and put her head back down as Dani and Lauren came in.

'Morning sisters.' Dani said, making her way over to the coffee machine.

'You're chipper this morning Dan.' Amy pointed out.

'We met Noah last night.' She told them.

'What's he like?' Lisa wondered.

'So hot.' Dani sat down.

'Aww does Dani have a crush on Christina's boyfriend?' Amy teased.

'Yeah, I do, and so will you when you meet him.' Dani assured her.

'Did Chris agree to dinner with dad tomorrow?' Katherine asked.

'She said she'd be there.' Lauren sighed.

'Okay great.' Katherine said. 'Don't you people have jobs and schools to get too?' She asked the room.

'We have a study day.' Lauren told her.

'I'm on the late shift.' Amy said.

'Not going anywhere ever again.' Lisa mumbled.

'What about you?' Lauren asked.