Chapter 2 - Hidden Treasures

A little longer than usual here's Chapter 2. My advice to you when you read this chapter would be PLAY THE SONG,when she sings it!!! The video is at the bottom. :D

Hope I haven't rambled and the next chapter should be up this weekend.

Vote, Comment, Fan... Enjoy ♥ :)

********************************************************

Chapter 2 - Hidden Treasures

I climbed up the steps at the side of the stage, my heartbeat in sync with every step. Nickelback still blared from the speakers above, conversations still continued on. People were laughing, talking and the atmosphere was so surprisingly bubbly that I didn't want to ruin it.

I started to walk towards the baby grand piano that was placed centre stage. I took off my apron and hung it on the side of the stage. I also took the black hair band that held my bun in place out and put it on the top of the piano whilst shaking out my ebony locks.

The glossy, black, expensive piano clashed with the inside of the bar but anybody could appreciate music. I ran my hand across the clean well cared for keys and pulled out the leather stool from beneath the piano.

Playing a Bflat I marvelled as the sound resonated throughout the room. A couple of people turned to look at me and I blushed sitting down quickly.

I knew for a fact that none of the keys would be stiff, I played them regularly enough. Even though the piano belonged to Phil and Marie I was the one who took care of it and played it. In fact it was more mine than theirs and they didn't mind.

Hearing someone climb onto the stage I stopped staring at the piano in fascination. Phil walked to the mike that was right at the front of the stage and made a sign. Nickelback were cut off abruptly mid verse.

"Aislinn here will be entertaining you tonight, and remind me to never hire another Canadian band as long as I live," he said grinning mischievously. This earned him a couple of playful boos and cheers. About to walk away he darted back and said: "She'll take requests at the end."

Winking at me he jumped off the front of the stage and disappeared into the crowd, no doubt keeping an eye on me somewhere from the back

I turned back to the piano and stared at it trying to make it tell me what to play. Classical? Indie? Country? Heavy Metal? I'd probably strain my voice if I tried the latter. I glanced at my audience and blanched as soon as I saw that every sing pair of eyes were looking at me.

A spotlight whirled around the bar and settled on me. All the better to see me with.

I took a deep breath and started to play the opening bars to one of my Mom's favourite songs. Taking another deep breath I opened my mouth and let the lyrics that accompanied the music pour out.

There's a harvest each Saturday night

At the bars filled with perfume and hitching a ride