Chapter 24

"According to Kevin, the tunnel that leads from the main residence, comes out here," Josie said pointing at the tunnel, we found into the woods, with her flashlight.

"Okay, that's how we're in then. Alright, Josie, take care. If we're not back in 15 minutes, call Sheriff Keller" Veronica said and Josie nodded.

Toni, Veronica and I, walked inside the tunnel. The 3 of us had flashlights, but it was still pretty dark. And we also didn't exactly know where to go, because the tunnels were confusing.

Veronica stopped and glanced at me, and then turned to look at Toni, for a second. "And when we get to the main building, what happens then?" she asked.

"We search each and every damn room until we find her" Toni replied, resolutely.

"Okay, let's go," I said and continued walking forward.

When we finally entered the main building, we started searching every room in our way. Most of the rooms were locked or empty, and Veronica seemed to start losing hope.

"Let's split up. But we have to be fast." Toni said, Veronica and I agreed.

"Be careful" I said to them and headed to a big hallway. Toni and Veronica took another way.

"Cheryl?" I called out, but no response. "Cheryl?" I called out for her, again, but still, no response.

"Toni found her, come on!" Veronica came running to me. I followed her, to a room with a projector. A lot of other kids were sitting there, watching whatever film was on. All the kids had their eyes glued to the film and none of them seemed to even notice us. Weird, right?

"these kids in here, are brainwashed or something?" I asked Ronnie, and she looked at them. "probably" she answered. 

"Are you okay?" I asked, hugging Cheryl, who was crying. "yeah, I'm fine" she responded, nodding. "I've been worried sick!" Toni said and then the two of them shared a kiss on the lips. Veronica and I shared a look, we were shocked.

I stepped outside of the room to make sure that no one is coming. I noticed some nuns with flashlights, were walking up to us. "fuck" I and Veronica mumbled.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your adorable moment but some crazy nuns are coming so we better get the fuck out of here. Fast." I explained, glancing the place around me, trying to find the way out.

"here! let's go!" Toni shouted, pointing some stairs that led to the tunnels. We kept running and eventually found the exit.

When we got out, Toni helped Josie to close that small door.
"is everyone okay?" Josie asked in concern. "yeah" Cheryl said and I nodded.

"I seriously need to work out more," I said, putting my hand on my chest and breathing heavily. Veronica and Josie chuckled. "Thank you so much...You saved me", Cheryl said, tearing up. 

"Don't thank us", Josie said and shook her head. Cheryl looked at her in confusion. "It was Toni's plan, to come here and help you escape from the Sisters", Veronica said and I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that is true. Toni deserves all the credits"

"Oh shut up, I couldn't have done it by myself. You all helped me" Toni said and a grin appeared on her face.

"My mother is going to kill me. I better get going home..I'll see you tomorrow" Josie said when she checked at the time on her phone. "yes, mine too. Goodnight girls" Veronica said and left with Josie.

"I and Toni are going to my house, do you want to come?" Cheryl asked me nicely. "No, but thanks for the invite. I have to go back to the Southside! I'll talk to you tomorrow, bye" I told them and smiled. "okay, bye" Toni said and they both waved, walking away.

I was in the middle of the woods, alone, late at night. Maybe I should call Sweet Pea to get me out of here. And just as I was about to turn on my phone, Sweet Pea was calling.

"hi, bab-" I tried to speak but he cut me off as soon as I picked up the phone.

"please tell me you are at the Lodge's" he sounded stressed out, anxious.

"no, I'm not. Change of plans, I need you to pick me up!"I said, furrowing my eyebrows, at his weird behavior.

"Where are you, then?" He asked, more calmly this time, but he still sounded worried.

"I'm in the woods, actually. Why are you so upset?" I asked him, a little chuckle escaping my lips at the end.

"Are you serious right now? Get the fuck out of there, Grace! The Black Hood is in the forest, that's why I'm calling you! The police is out looking for him!" He shouted, making the smile on my face drop.

My heart started beating fast, my hands were shaking. I took a shaky breath and tried to calm myself down.

"Grace, are you still there? Grace? Hello?" Sweet Pea yelled from the other line.
"yeah, sorry, I got distracted" I answered truthfully. I quickly started walking, praying that the Black Hood is not coming this way.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me. Well, I guess, I was wrong. I froze and slowly turned my head, hoping that it's not a serial killer.

"please be a dog, please be a dog, please be a dog" I whispered to myself. But you know how lucky I can get, right?

It was him, the murderer that killed people in Riverdale. And this was the second time I was facing him. I don't know why, but his eyes looked familiar.

"Sweet Pea, if I don't make it tonight, I want you to know that I love you," I said to the phone, tears falling on my cheeks. I quickly wiped them away.

"huh? what are you talking about? Are you okay?!" He said, I could hear that he was getting upset.

SWEET PEA'S P.O.V.
"are you okay?!" I asked her, getting frustrated. I hit the pedals on my car, speeding up.

-