Chapter 5

Last night, when I came home, Betty was in her room with the door locked. I heard her crying, but I decided to leave her alone. Something weird is happening.

Anyway, I woke up and realized today, Archie,Veronica,Kevin,Josie and Reggie will come to our house with their parents. They want to discuss what happened yesterday at the party. Great. I start knocking Betty's door but no answer.

"Betty!" I called out but there was no answer. "Betty?" I yelled again.

"Okay, I'll break the door" I said. She slightly opened the door and chuckled when she saw me.

"you can't break the door Grace" she said and laughed, wiping her tears away.

"you are absolutely right, I can't but the Serpents can" I said and smiled but she got sad again.

"you know you can talk to me.. Betty what's going on?" I said and hugged her.

"After the fight I had with Veronica and the break up with Jughead, I have to deal with something and it's just too much and-"

"WHAT?!" I yelled surprised. What the heck? She broke up with my brother?

"I thought you knew.. " she mumbled.

"Why?!" I asked freaking out.

"I can't tell you right now..So many things are happening and I'm just in a lot of pressure, so please Grace, don't make it worse. Besides, Archie knows what's going on and he's helping me. I can get through it" she said and looked at me.

"Okay, I won't ask anything else but if you have a problem or you are in trouble, let me know. I will help you" I said and hugged her again. I'm sure Archie is helping her but you never know.

"Thank you" Betty said and smiled.

-
Everyone sat at the living room. I wasn't even paying attention to what McCoy said.

"Not all Serpents are drug dealers" Archie said to his dad.

"you are not helping" Fred said.

"Look, we shouldn't have taken the J.J. but Nick's the one who asked Reggie to get it and then pushed it on us. He is the one who should be in the hot seat! I mean he's the one who roofied Cheryl and tried to insult her!" Veronica said. She was right.

"Nick St. Clair cannot be found guilty because all the witnesses were high" Fred said.

"Yeah but Josie and I saw him with Cheryl and neither of us was on Jingle Jangle" Veronica said

"The drug stays in your system for 3 days and if I drug tested you right now you'd have a credibility problem" Sheriff Keller told us. Thank God I didn't take one.

"Josie, you took that drug? You put that poison in your system knowing that your father struggled with addiction?!" Major McCoy said, looking at her daughter with disappointment. Josie just nodded, avoiding eye contact.

"I see.. From this moment bridging on Southside High under control as my number one priority as major if it means raising it to the ground or arresting every single Serpent in sight starting with that High School so be it. Let's go Josephina. Now." Major McCoy said standing up. Her and Josie left.

Archie looked at me and gave a signal, that we need to leave immediately. And then I realized why.

"Me and Archie, need to go somewhere, bye" I said fast.

"um yeah" Archie said standing up with me. Veronica gave me a troubled look like everyone else did.

-
Me and Archie ran into Southside High. I spotted Jugehead

"Jug!Jug! We gotta go right now!" Archie panicked

"What the hell are you doing here? Betty asked you to throw some salt in the wound?" Jughead said sarcastically.

"Major McCoy is about to raid the Southside High, we got to get you out of here!" Archie said and Major McCoy burst in with a couple police officers, including sheriff Keller. They started to search everybody's lockers.

"Shit" I mumbled.

"What about Toni? Archie wait!" Jughead said but Archie grabbed him.

"You wanna help her? Well you can't do that in the white bars, Come on!!" Archie said and we got outside.

Two police officers grabbed Sweet Pea and pushed him on the lockers. Sweet Pea banged his fist from anger as they handcuffed him. Then, an other officer, handcuffed Toni.

-
The 3 of us, headed to the Whyte Wyrm, where FP was. We didn't know what to do and only FP would help us.
We first bumped into Tall Boy. We had a conversation, which I really didn't understand.

Tall Boy wants Jughead to endorse a wartime partnership between the Serpents and the Ghoulies, represented by a guy named Malachai or something.
But the Ghoulies and their nasty jingle jangle are why the school got raided in the first place!  FP finally showed up. We told him everything that happened and his advice was to challenge the Ghoulies to an illegal street race for control of Southside High.

"Really smart idea dad" I said smiling proudly.

"thanks dad" Jughead said and sighed in relief because a big problem was just solved. Well, kinda solved.

-
The race was about to start.. I got out of the car and walk towards the Serpents.

"Toni, hey!" I said and smiled.

"hi!" she said and hugged me.

Fangs and Sweet Pea were talking but as soon as they saw me, they stopped.

"looking good, princess " Sweet Pea said and a huge smirk appeared on his face.

"I always look good, but thanks" I said and chuckled.

So, If the Ghoulies win, they can add the Whyte Wyrm and the trailer park to their territory.

Cheryl showed up and she decided to start the race.

"Um, I usually do the honors" Toni said confused.

"Not today Cha Cha, I was born for this moment" Cheryl answered.

She stood between the 2 cars. And then, she did the signal, so the race could start.

-