ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏᴅ

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏᴅ

ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ.

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

FROM INSIDE THE QUINJET,
Brendon watched the dark skies, thunder booming all around. Coming out of nowhere, The Director spoke over the comms network.

"Said anything?" he asked, referring to Loki.

"Not a word," Brendon murmured, tossing a quick look over his shoulder at the restrained god.

"Just get him here. We're low on time."

With Loki tied up and cuffed to his seat, Tony and Steve watched from a distance.

"I don't like it," Steve spoke.

"What?" Tony wheezed, gently cocking his head in the direction of Loki, "Rock of Ages giving up so easily?"

"I don't remember it ever being that easy. This guy packs a wallop."

"Still," the genius skewed his mouth, "you are pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?"

Steve squinted, genuinely confused. "What?"

"It's like calisthenics," Tony explained, "You might have missed a couple things, you know, doing time as a..." he looked the soldier up and down, "Capsicle."

Steve looked at Tony, finally meeting his ego match.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in."

"Yeah," Tony puffed, "there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you."

The soldier's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, but before he could respond to the unnerving remark, thunder boomed overhead and lightning struck down, nearly hitting the jet and causing it to shake violently.

"Where's this coming from?" Natasha frowned, piloting the aircraft so as to avoid getting hit.

Thunder continued rumbling overhead. Loki stared out of the window intently, a slight hint of trepidation on his face.

"What's the matter?" Brendon called, moving from next to Natasha towards the god, "Scared of a little lightning?"

Looking up, Loki gave an answer. "I'm not overly fond of what follows."

Outside the jet, a blinding light hit the rooftop. Only it wasn't a light – it was a King.

Suddenly, the ramp to the quinjet was yanked open and before any of the occupants could react, Thor grabbed Loki by the throat and swung his hammer around a couple times, allowing it to fly both of them away.