Chapter 6 - Enemies On A Narrow Road, Red-Eyed Love Rival

Start from the beginning

Facing that imperial maid, Tian Bing Qing gave a glare, "Lowly servant, you dare to lecture the people from his majesty's palace?! Someone come, drag her down to the punishment room!" His deference during earlier's greeting could no longer be found.

Taking his words as a bluff to defend me, I gave him a grateful look, not expecting a black-clothed man to abruptly appear from behind and, as though she were a baby chick, carry that imperial maid away. That imperial maid cried heaven and Earth, begging her "imperial concubine Yu." Unexpectedly, her "imperial concubine Yu" has improved during these three years. She did not argue with Tian Bing Qing, only watching as that imperial maid was carried further and further away. Only then did she indifferently say: "Eunuch Tian, why bother with a little girl?" A pair of needle-like eyes came pricking over my way: "This miss....looks very familiar ah!"

In my mind, I was secretly relieved. Luckily I've never thought about escaping, or else I'd once again be pursued and definitely killed on the spot. How would I even survive? Seeing Qin Yu Zheng's needle-like eyes, I gave a hehe laugh. I nearly forgot–this person has never seen me wear women's clothes!

"Greetings to imperial concubine Yu. Felicitations to imperial concubine Yu for being in his majesty the emperor's good graces, preserving your glory and wealth. May you have endless happiness and longevity!"

Hearing the half-true-half-false tone of my well wishes, Qin Yu Zheng's gorgeous face became part blue and part white. She hesitantly pointed an unsteady finger at me, "You......You.......in the end, who are you?"

Tian Bing Qing remained as silent as a mussel, putting on a well-behaved appearance. He closed his mouth tightly, looking elsewhere, and just like that, refused to tell her.

–This little palace eunuch was definitely doing it on purpose!

I was secretly rejoicing in my heart when a group of imperial guards came walking across that little stone bridge. The leading person, wearing the clothes of a fourth rank military official, as outstanding as jade, was precisely Yan Ping.

Truly, as they say, when one wants to watch a good play, someone will build a stage and perform.

Watching the play by myself, of course I didn't mind adding a bit of firewood: "Reporting to imperial concubine Yu, back when great Chen had still not been destroyed, this lowly one remembers that royal princess Yu Zheng had set your heart on the youth named Yan Ping, and refused to marry any other. How is it that after a separation of three years, you have cast him aside for another?"

The bit of blood that remained on Yu Zheng's fresh and beautiful face completely disappeared, as though she had seen a ghost. Pointing at me, even her lips began to quiver: "You....in the end, who are you?" Gasping in a breath, her voice became stern and imperial, "Already past the palace gates but you dare to slander me, this royal one?"

En, slandering someone, this kind of business, I've always accomplished it to my heart's desire.

I slanted my shoulders and trembled for a bit, appearing extremely scared. With a plop sound, I knelt onto the ground, and in the midst of Tian Bing Qing's stunned gaze, knocked my head twice towards Qin Yu Zheng, sobbing: "Imperial concubine Yu, this guilty one no longer dares to! May the respectable you spare this guilty one!"

This trick was often used against me by Qin Yu Zheng in the past. Put to use a hundred times, it would be effective a hundred times, and each time, it would call forth Yan Ping's scolding. It was now my turn to test the effectiveness of this trick!