"Not this again..." Emi let out a sigh. "I was thinking... Of telling him soon. I'm still trying to work up the courage for it, but I'll do it soon."

"How soon?"

"Way before the end of this year comes."

"That's my girl!"

"You look really pretty in that dress, Emi." A sudden familiar voice from behind her complimented.

Emi let out a scream, jumping sideways. She could feel her heart beating 100 miles a hour. Realizing who it was, she felt herself getting agitated. "Dang it, Megumi! Stop sneaking up on me like that!"

"I can't help it. I find your reactions hilarious." Even though he wasn't laughing nor smiling. He walked over towards Sumire, grabbing a hold of her hand. "You're looking beautiful as ever."

Sumire started blushing, flustered even. "Oh stop! You're always saying stuff like that!"

Emi slowly blinked while clearing her throat. "Um... What's going here?"

"Surprise!" Sumire exclaimed. "I wanted to tell you this today. Megumi and I recently started going out."

"WHAAAAAT?!" Emi clasped her hands over her mouth. The shook was unreal. "Are you serious?!"

"Uh huh! When you were spending your summer with the Sohmas, Megumi and I hung out quite a bit during that time. And just recently, we decided to be in a relationship."

"Does Saki know about this?"

"Yes." Megumi answered. "My sister knows about everything."

"Oh my god... It's kind of awkward for me since both of you are my closest friends, but... Congratulations on your relationship."

"Thank you!" Sumire responded. "Whenever you get into a relationship with Momiji, I'll support you all the way!"

"Like that will happen anytime soon!" Emi's face was entirely red.

Both Sumire and Megumi smiled at each other, knowing it will happen in time. "Honda, Irie." One of their classmates said. "You two are up next."

Emi felt her anxiety get the best of her. She couldn't believe she was about to perform in front of people.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, seeing her friend by her side. "Don't worry, Emi. I'll be on stage with you while playing the piano. You won't be alone in this."

Calming down a little, Emi inhaled and exhaled through her nose. "Right. I'll feel less nervous knowing you're there with me."

"Good luck, you two." Megumi said with a small smile.

"Thank you! Come on, Emi!" Sumire took her by the hand, pulling her along towards the stage. The darkness of the backstage turned to the brightness of the stage.

Emi felt all eyes on her. Sumire has released her hand, going towards the piano. Up ahead, Emi saw the microphone. Gulping, she slowly made her way towards it, taking it off the stand.

Emi saw that Momiji was started to record her, making her feel really anxious. Her heart was beating so fast that it felt like she was about to faint. Aw man... It feels like I'm going to throw up and pee myself at the same time...

"Emi." Sumire whispered. Turning around, Emi saw her friend giving her a wink. "You can do this."

Even though everyone she knew was out in the audience waiting for her performance, Emi knew she couldn't back down now. If her sister managed to perform on stage, so can she. Turning back around towards the audience, Emi met Tohru's eyes. As usual, her sister was giving her an encouraging look.