Chapter 16

On a rainy and somewhat gloomy day, Emi was serving tea to Shigure

On a rainy and somewhat gloomy day, Emi was serving tea to Shigure. The TV was showing today's forecast. Setting the tea on the table, Shigure looked up from the TV. "Thank you for doing this for me, Emi."

"No problem." Looking towards the TV, Emi saw that it was still going to rain for a while. It mentioned it will clear up later in the day. But she was still worried. "I hope Yuki and sis come home soon. They've been gone for a while now."

"They'll be fine. They'll be home before you know it."

"I know. I just need to do something to keep my mind off of it." Looking around the room, Emi saw her sketchbook at the corner of the room. Her iPod and headphones were on top of the sketchbook.

Leaning her back against the wall, Emi put her headphones on, escaping reality for a while. She was finishing up a sketch she was drawing of Hatsuharu. So far, she has drawn everyone she loves and cares for. Tohru, her mom, grandfather, Sumire, Arisa, Saki, Megumi, Shigure, Yuki, Kyo, Kagura, Hatori, Momiji, And currently finishing up Hatsuharu. She was planning on drawing Ayame sometime soon, trying to think of the most flamboyant pose she could think of.

Putting on the finishing touches, Emi smiled proudly at her completed sketch. "Perfect." Hearing the door opening, Emi took her headphones off and closed her sketchbook. Standing up, she walked towards the front door.

Tohru was walking through the door and looked up, looking somewhat surprised. She seemed almost distracted by something. "Oh! Emi! I didn't see you there!"

Emi raised an eyebrow. "You ok sis?" She finally noticed that Hatsuharu was standing behind her and Yuki. "I wasn't expecting you to come visit today. What's the occasion?"

"I wasn't planning on coming here either. But I was looking for her." Hatsuharu opened up the towel he was holding, revealing a bangle tiger.

Emi's eyes started sparkling. "She's one of the zodiac members! That's so cool!"

"Emi." Yuki spoke up. "Can you help me find the first aid kit? Ms. Honda got hurt."

"What?!" Emi rushed up Tohru, looking at her from head to toe. "Where did you get hurt?" Looking some more, she noticed Tohru's hand was red and bleeding a little. "What the hell happened?!"

"Well... I, um..." Tohru hesitated. "I was trying to pet her, and... She bit me."

"Oh god! Come on, sis! I'll treat your wound." Grabbing Tohru's other hand, Emi lead her sister to the living room.

~•~

In the living room, Emi was carefully wrapping a bandage around Tohru's hand. "Tell me if it's too loose or too tight."

Tohru sweetly smiled. "I will."

Yuki looked over towards the tiger who was facing the corner of the wall. "Kisa, you apologize to her." The tiger named Kisa didn't respond. "Kisa!"