"Chin up babygirl...Smile for once, none of us see it enough" He whispered

I managed a half smile and sniffed "I miss you dad"

He looked away "I can't promise you anything Dylan, I can't promise you that I will get better, I can't promise you that I will stop driniking, I can't promise you the world as you want it...You cope with it all by shutting everyone else, living in solitude in the house...I cope by drinking myself into a state of coma and loving the felling of the numbness that comes with it"

"I love you dad" I whispered, feeling a tear run off the end of my nose

He pulled me into a hug once more "And I love you too my beautiful, Dylan"

I pulled away and looked behind me hearing Nathan stir on the couch, Dad looked as well and smiled at me. I managed a weak laugh back "It's not what you think...We've been through this"

He smiled "He looks after you?"

"I haven't known him long"

He smiled and looked at his watch on his right wrist, he sighed and looked back to me "I better get off"

I looked down and nodded, I walked to the door with him. As he left he pulled me into one final hug and kissed the top of my head before he walked down the path and out of sight. I closed the door and put my head in my hands.

"He seems nice"

I looked up to see a very tired looking Nathan walk intot he hallway wraped in the blanket, I smiled at his hair sticking up in all directions. He rubbed his face with the blanket and looked at me again, I smiled once more and began walking up the stairs with him following me "How much did you hear?"

"The majority of it" His groggy voice came from behind

I sighed and walked into my room, I gestured to the bed "You can stay here again"

He climbed into the covers and pulled them up to his face, he watched me and I sat down on my stool. I looked at him in the mirror and chuckled "What are you looking at?"

He rolled his eyes and rolled over on the bed, I smiled and looked down at my makeup on the side. I decided againt a shower this mornign and would have one when I got back in. I was just finishing my mascara when the doorbell rang. It made me jump and i managed to poke myself in the eye with the mascara wand.

"Quick, it's your boyfriend" Nathan said sarcasticaly

"Oh shut up"

I ran down the stairs and opened the door to see Josh stood there, he smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back at him, my eye was twitching wildly after being stabbed with my mascara wand.

"Come in" I stepped aside to let him pass

He walked in and took my shoulders, pressing his lips to mine. I closed my eyes and didn't know what to do with my arms so they just hung there, nearly dropping the mascara out of my hand as they did.

He pulled away and smiled at me "Morning baby"

I blushed at his use of the word 'baby' towards me. I frantically tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and bit my lip "Morning"

He laughed and pulled me into a hug "Go finish getting ready"

I nodded and ran back up the stairs and into my room, I must've been smiling like a mad woman when I got in the room because I heard Nathan chuckle and say "You look flustered dear, what'd he do? Dry hump you up the wall?"

I gasped and scowled at him, he chuckled again as I walked back over to my dresser to finish getting ready. Once my make-up was finished I walked over to my wardrobe, I could see Nathan watching me as I crossed the room.