Five

You guys know the drill

50 votes

10 comments

-

Josh dropped me outside the house, it was dark now. I had managed to get one calm word out of Nathan on the phone before I put it down. I sighed and reached in the back to pull my bag out, I slung it on my back and leant into Josh to give him a kiss. He kissed me and said goodbye as I walked up the path, he waited until I was in my house before driving off.

I closed the door and flicked the light on to see Nathan sat on the stairs, I gasped and put a hand over my heart.

"Jesus Christ, Nathan! You scared the living shit out of me"  I glared at him

He stared at me, his arms rest on his kness as he sat on the stairs. I slung my bag down by the door and stared back at him. He didn't look away once so I crossed my arms and rest my back up against the front door.

"I could do this all day, Nathan" I sighed; bored

He blinked slowly and stood up, he walked down the two steps he needed to until his feet touched the ground floor and he walked right up to me "Dylan, who were you with?"

"Why does that matter?" I looked away

He sighed and closed his eyes "Were you with Josh?"

I looked down at the ground and played with my thumbs "Might've been"

I looked up to see Nathan run a hand through his hair, my eyes caught on his tattoo sleeves and I couldn't help but almost fall in love with him on that basis only. He stepped back from me, his eyes looked tired as if he had been awake for days.

"Are you seeing him? As in are you dating?" He turned around so his back was too me

I scowled at his back "So what if I am?"

"Stay away from him Dylan" He turned to me

I was taken aback by the sudden harshness in his voice as he said this "Why?"

He dragged his hands over his face "Just don't go there, I know him better then most and I don't want to see you hurt...Just don't do it Dyls?"

I stiffened at the nickname only my sister and closest friends use, I looked up at him to see him running his hands through his hair again

"Why?" I repeated myself

He shouted out in annoyance "Dyaln, please! He'll only break your heart! That is if you are capable of falling in love"

I shoved myself off the door now, I walked towards him and forced him to back up. I was a little smaller then him in the height and build side of things, so it was a little suprising to see him back away from me as I came at him

"How do you know about that? How do you know what people say about me?"

He swallowed hard "I know people in that school..."

It didn't sound very convincing, he managed to trip back on the stairs and fall backwards. He caught himself before he landed hard on the wodden stairs. I stood there as I waited for him to tell me the real reason. He sighed and sat himself up straight, he put his head in his hands and he rest his elbows on his knees.

"Dylan, please stop"

"Why? What aren't you telling me?" I scowled at him

He sighed and rubbed his face, I could hear his rouch hands catching on the stubble that was growing on his face. His hair was in need of a haircut, it was roughly laid over his head and his T-shirt was very tight on the muscles in his arms.