Three

Ayeeee, you guys are good on the votes

50 votes

5 comments

-

"So how's your imaginary boyf doing?" Jo asked from across the lunch table

I sat there eating my apple in silence as I listened to them all make a joke out of my early morning encounter. I sighed and took another bite as she spoke up again,

"What was his name again, Nate? Nathy? Nathan! That's it, his name is Nathan...How is he?" She chuckled

I sighed and looked at her "I don't know why don't you ask him?"

She rolled her eyes "Dylan, seriously, move in with one of us or your going to go fully insane"

I scrolled though the contacts on my phone until I found the most recently added. I pressed it and slid the phone over to Jo, she stared at the number before eyeing my suspiciously "What's this?"

"His number" I shurgged "Give it a call"

She looked at me before calling him, she pressed the phone to her ear and everyone fell silent as they watched her. Her brow was furrowed at first when suddenly it became a look of shock, and it was obvious that he had answered

"Hello?" She said

She was quiet for a while before speaking "Who is this?"

Her face turned into complete shock and embarrassment as he said his name, her voice was a lot less confident when she spoke again "No, this isn't Dylan...I-It's her freind Jo"

Her voice never picked up as she ended the call "She's fine, she uhm, she's just fine"

She put the phone down and slid it across the table to me, I couldn't help the smug look on my face as she cleared her throat "Sorry, if I upset you by not believing you"

I shrugged and looked at everyone else around the table "I told you I met a boy"

Everyone mumbled apologies as we sat back in silence, Lara put her hand on my shoulder "Sorry, It was really harsh of me to do that to you"

I shrugged adn went back to eating my apple, happy that the school day was nearly over and I would be able to escape the dicks that I call friends. I finished my apple and stood fromt he table, saying that I was going to the loo but in actual fact I was just leaving everyone behind.

I walked down the halls and slung my bag over my shoulder, not really sure where I was going but leaving them behind never the less. I looked down at my feet as ususal, watching as each one took a turn to be in the lead.

I crashed into someone midway down the hall, for a second the feeling of hope that it would be Nathan overcame me, I looked up at found Josh holding my arms to steady me this time.

Josh was one of the most pospular boys in the school, with his dark hair done perfect to the last strand and his branded clothes suited him perfectly. And naturally I along with half the school had a massive crush on him.  I shook myself out of his grip and took a step back to apologise and then carry on my way.

I went to spologise but he spoke before me "Woah, Dylan are you okay?"

I stared at him, I probably looked so stupid but he was actually talking to me, he doesn't really talk to anyone like me. I mean, I'm not un-popular but I like to keep myself to myself. I shook my head and gave a small smile and nodded my head.

"I have a habit of crashing into people" I gave a small chuckle at the past two nights with Nathan

He laughed with me "I can tell, you should watch where you're going...Can't be getting that face all mashed up now can we?"